CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake Bahnschutz buckle on known german site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Bahnschutz buckle on known german site!

Hello

I have found fake Reichbahn belt buckle on known german Detlev dealer site , take a look at this one 3rd reich. German Railway service. Belt buckle [4324] Am I right?

regards
    Piotr
    Last edited by Mr Piter; 01-06-2007, 07:04 AM.

Originally posted by Mr Piter View Post
    Hello

I have found fake Reichbahn belt buckle on known german Detlev dealer site , take a look at this one 3rd reich. German Railway service. Belt buckle [4324] Am I right?

regards
    Piotr
    Hallo Piotr,

you are indeed right...... .....and that's not the only one

Btw, what about 398 ?

Best

Ric

Comment

Hi Ric

the 398 is total **** -- Who is buying that crap ??
      I must say that I'm shocked to see this copies sold as originals - i wonder who we can trust these days

best regards
      Piotr

Comment

what site are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Piter View Post
          Hi Ric

the 398 is total **** -- Who is buying that crap ??
          I must say that I'm shocked to see this copies sold as originals - i wonder who we can trust these days

best regards
          Piotr

Piotr,

I guess Detlev has sold those fake buckles in good faith, it's more and more difficult to recognize them if well aged....

Ric

Comment

Does anyone have a photo of these fake buckles? I would very much like to see them.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Ssteve View Post
              Does anyone have a photo of these fake buckles? I would very much like to see them.

Steve

Here's the item 4324, Bahnschutz steel made.........

Ric
              Attached Files
              Last edited by b.collector; 01-07-2007, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssteve View Post

Steve
                .....and here's the supposed KM variant........item numbered 398 I was referring to.

Ric
                Attached Files
                Last edited by b.collector; 01-07-2007, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Hard to believe that old, well known fake of a reichsbahn buckle is being sold as an original.

Thanks for the photos Ric.

Steve

Comment

Hello to all, just seen this thread and think it only fair to let you know that I was the buyer of Railway buckle 4324.

I won it on the Friday and first thing on the following Monday Detlev emailed me saying that the buckle was not right and the money had been credited back to my account. He has told me to keep the buckle as a present. Into my fakes box it goes and there it can stay.

These buckles are not my strong point of collecting and may be not Detlev's either but this proves what a great dealer he is. I have always found that Detlev stands behind what he sells, you can rely on him and he & his staff has given me great service over the years.

Best regards, Chris

Comment

experts

mr. weitze offers this kriegsmarine buckle as well:

number is:
                      kriegsmarine eigentum:

my personal opinion:

you should know your stuff before you start selling militaria and before you issue "expertises" without being an expert.

the reichsbahn buckle is a very obvious fake.
                      sven

Comment

Originally posted by Sven Janke View Post
                        mr. weitze offers this kriegsmarine buckle as well:

number is:
                        kriegsmarine eigentum:

my personal opinion:

you should know your stuff before you start selling militaria and before you issue "expertises" without being an expert.

the reichsbahn buckle is a very obvious fake.
                        sven
                        Hello Seven, there is not a business in the world that does not sometimes have a bad day and get something wrong that they should have got right. Every Militaria dealer has at some stage knowingly or un-knowingly had a reproduction item for sale. This is the the nature of the beast of collecting Militaria. Under pressure to get every thing on a web-site by a certain date/time mistakes can happen. This is human and some times what one collector calls bad another calls good.

What makes Detlev stand out from the rest is that he contacts you and says it is wrong. You do not have to contact him. You do not have to get proof. You do not have to waste your time or money returning the item. If he gets it wrong (which is rare I must add) he admits it and puts it right with no work for the customer. I know of no other dealer in the world who offers such good service. This means I can buy a buckle from Detlev where I do not have alot of knowledge and buy with confidence.

With all items of German Militaria it pays as a collector to arm yourself with knowledge but how do get knowledge unless you handle the items, Chris
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 01-17-2007, 06:15 AM.

Comment

hello chris,

i can see your point and if you are satisfied with mr niemann i feel happy with you. his return policy sounds very fair and yes, you are right, there are other dealers around that have other courses of action...

"Under pressure to get every thing on a web-site by a certain date/time mistakes can happen. "

my point was, that you should know your stuff good enough to avoid selling very obvious fakes like the disussed reichsbahn and other offered buckles. everyone can/ will make mistakes for sure.

by having this "friday update policy" the pressure is a selfmade problem, that will damage your reputation as a dealer when you make too many mistakes, no matter what return policy you have.

i hope you understand my point as well, its not my intention to talk bad about others be it mr. niemann and his staff or someone else.

there is only one thing i do not like and that is people dealing with dug up stuff ("bodenfunde") of uncertain origin - they are original but they leave a bad aftertaste!

sven

sven

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X