SS Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Buckles

Hi guys, Happy New Year to all Just been perusing the sites looking for buckles (as we do) and came across these two on the same site. Both to me are original but I just thought it was strange having two buckles from the same maker on the same site both in the same condition which is fantastic for the years they have been around. I think I am becoming to suspicious of everything now days
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

2nd one front
      Attached Files

Comment

To me both nice buckles but I find it quite sad when one has to question everything
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben,

You make a very valid point in being suspicious of the same looking buckle appearing at the same time. My validation of a buckle is mostly gut instinct but to your point I will expand a bit with four simple rules I apply to every purchase:
          1. If the dealer is reputable, go with your gut and seek validation (free of charge).
          2. If the dealer has in the past, as you might believe, passed copies as originals; definitely seek second opinion or pass (free of charge).
          3. Be cognizant that buckles that do sell at an above average price on dealers web sites will bring those same buckels out of the wood work to capitalize profit. If this occurs, refer back to rules #1 and #2 (free of charge).
          4. Ignoring rules 1-3 is dumb (comes with a cost - sometimes very costly).

Happy New Year my Friend,

Dan

PS - How do you like the brocade?

Comment

Very nice thanks Dan, and in super condition

Comment

Hello, this is nice textbook nickel silver O&C buckle by me. Looks absolutely correct and in super condition.

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                Hi guys, Happy New Year to all Just been perusing the sites looking for buckles (as we do) and came across these two on the same site. Both to me are original but I just thought it was strange having two buckles from the same maker on the same site both in the same condition which is fantastic for the years they have been around. I think I am becoming to suspicious of everything now days
                First one has been cleaned / buffed. It will take around 5 years to have its patina back. Anyway both are original. Could you please tell me what is written on the back of the second (Overhoff???)
                TIA
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                  First one has been cleaned / buffed. It will take around 5 years to have its patina back. Anyway both are original. Could you please tell me what is written on the back of the second (Overhoff???)
                  TIA
                  Jean Pierre, I believe these photos of one and the same buckle

Comment

They are the same buckle. Compare the tiny discolored spots circled below on the photos. They are different photos of the same buckle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                      They are the same buckle. Compare the tiny discolored spots circled below on the photos. They are different photos of the same buckle.
                      If this is the case, I was indeed right stating the first had been cleaned / buffed (and I guess I will not have an answer to my question )
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Hi guys, I have asked the dealer and indeed they are the one and same buckle It is currently being sold to a forum member from Russia who asked me to help him. I think he is a lucky man as it is a nice buckle

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                          as it is a nice buckle
                          As long the new owner likes them bright and shining like they never been
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X