SS Officer's Buckle, opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer's Buckle, opinions please

This one has just come on the net for sale. Was just wanting to know your opinions.
    Attached Files

Here is the reverse. I have never seen this manufacturing code before and don't have any references to refer to. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Comment

Brad

Remarkably crisp detail to this SS Leaders.

A now well known and documented fake I am afraid to say.

Regards,

David

Comment

Originally posted by David North View Post
        Brad

Regards,

David
        Nothing to add to David's answer.....

Best

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by David North View Post
          Brad

Regards,

David
          Hey Dave,
          Thanks for your help. Too bad that there is not a database on fake buckles. There are far too many and as this buckle so are extremely good fakes.

Comment

Sorry, this is a really bad fake, as fakes go. Crisp details, yes. But that is all it has going for it.

The details in the front looks "cartoonish." The eagle looks "exaggerated" at some point. The back looks ridiculous with a non-existent production number.

A real SS nickle officer's buckle is a real piece of art and can never be mistaken for something like this.

Good luck.

Comment

they are right this is bad all the way.is this from some one here in nz?

Comment

There used to be a great data base on the various types of fake SS buckles on a chat site that JP created but I believe due to space limits it is no longer available. JP had tons of fotos with maker marks to assist in telling fakes from real. It was a very valuable tool for guys like me. I used it all the time.

Sepp

Comment

To be painfully correct, this SS Leaders buckle is of course a fantasy item, rather than a fake per se.

I do not think that the forum has ever been particularly enthusiastic about establishing a data base, for both original and/or fake buckles. The easy part is of course setting up the data base, however the problem is accurately maintaining it.

I for one would rather have no data base, than a misleadingly incomplete one.

One of our great strengths however is the "search this forum" facility. Just tap in SS Leaders or SS Officers and a mass of information will be instantly available !!

Regards,

David

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                    they are right this is bad all the way.is this from some one here in nz?
                    No, it is in Germany on epier.com.

Comment

Originally posted by B. Hastings View Post
                      No, it is in Germany on epier.com.
                      best to stay a way from this one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X