Couple of nice buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of nice buckles

Hello chaps, just a couple of nice buckles for you to look at. Nothing special but I like them First is a Dr Frank & Co, I like this buckle because it is still very detailed, it is hard to find a detailed Aluminium buckle as the metal is so soft they wore down quite quickly If anyone has any nice examples could you post them so we can have a good look?

thanks
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Maker Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Tab
        Attached Files

Comment

Second Buckle

The second buckle I want to share is a maker not so often seen. it was made by Gebruder Deyhle from Schwab.Gmund and dated1938. The buckle is worn but like I said, a not so often seen makers mark, If anyone has one especially in better condition could you please post pics

thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

The rear
            Attached Files

Comment

The tab and last pic. Could any of our German members enlighten us where this is in Germany?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben, I found this for you on the town:

Schwäbisch Gmünd (shvĕb`ĭsh gəmünt`) or Gmünd, city (1994 pop. 63,701), Baden-Württemberg, S Germany, on the Rems River, at the northern foot of the Swabian Jura Mts. It has long been known as a gold-working and silver-working center; other manufactures include machinery and glass. Founded by the mid-12th cent., Schwäbisch Gmünd was a free imperial city from 1268 until 1803, when it passed to Württemberg. Noteworthy buildings include the city hall (1783–85) and the St. Johanniskirche (1210–30), a late Romanesque church.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade long time no hear

Comment

I used to live in Schwäbisch Gmünd ,
                    DaveJ

Comment

Hi Ben,

once again very nice buckles presented from you!

Never heard from the maker Deyhle in connection with Heer buckles.
                      There is a maker Katz & Deyhle/ Pforzheim in the LDO list, but don't know if it is the same as yours. The distance between Pforzheim and Schwäbisch Gmünd is about 60 miles.

The Dr. Franke is a stunning buckle at all.

Regards,
                      Guido

Comment

Many thanks for the kind words Guido, I am interested in the Gebrduer one as I have never seen another and was wondering if anyone else had one

Comment

Hi Ben,

nice buckle by Dr. Franke and probably hard to find 1940 dated.

Best

Ric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X