Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Buckle

Hello Fellas.

I was hoping if anyone here could please confirm if the Police Buckle is genuine or repro. The other two I got as part of the same time at a flea market in Frankfurt, Germany recently. I'm 99.99 % certain they are original.

Regards, Willy.

I like the Wehrmacht buckles,however I am not so sure about the Polizei officers.

Regards,

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Naylor View Post
      Hello Fellas.

I was hoping if anyone here could please confirm if the Police Buckle is genuine or repro. The other two I got as part of the same time at a flea market in Frankfurt, Germany recently. I'm 99.99 % certain they are original.

Willy.
      Hallo Willy,

all the buckles you have purchased are original

Best

Ric
      Last edited by b.collector; 09-18-2006, 05:42 AM.

Comment

The Police ...
        257 SS,
        i guess it is something for J.P

Best

Comment

Thanks very much for the assistance guys, I'm happy know the Police buckle is not a fake.

Regards, Willy.

Comment

Hello,

As a police cloth collector I have a question. Why would a police officer's buckle have an SS RZM and RZM maker's code? Police insignia and uniforms were not under RZM control. I have not seen this before. Please educate me.

Yes, I am aware that Himmler took over the police, and that general officers of the police who were SS members switched insignia to SS style later in the war but why would a belt buckle be RZM controlled, and marked SS to boot?

Thanks,
            W.Unland

Comment

Good question Bill! Perhaps the one police related item that appears with such markings? Angolia's book on buckles mentions "When the police came under control of the SS, SS proof marks were then added to the reverse of the buckle along with manufacturer's logo." This seems confusing since Himmler was appointing to Chief of the German Police as of 6/17/36 and the officer buckle was introduced on 6/25/36, so wasn't that virtually from the start of productin? Perhaps the officer buckle fell under RZM jurisdiction due to the police/SS relationship and procurement channels of the SS? A good question, maybe one of the buckle collectors has a good answer for this!
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thanks Dave.

If the Angola reference is correct then wouldn't enlisted buckles also be so marked? Perhaps it has something to do with the switch to the SS style officer's brocade belt. Old style belts no SS marked buckle, new style SS belts...SS marked officer's buckle since same manufacturer.

Just a thought as I have NO information on the subject, but this is the ONLY police item I have ever seen RZM SS'ed.

Regards,
                Bill Unland

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X