Buckle ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckle ID help

I need the help of you buckle guys to ID a heavily weathered\corroded buckle i just found that's been lying on a mountainside for the last 60 years.

I could post a photo but i don't think it'd help much.

In a nutshell the buckle is of the standard Heer style. The device in the center circle i can't make out, not even from the back. The legend though is what has me puzzled. It starts at about the 7 O'clock position with the letters F******220;RC***then at about the 11 o'clock position there's an OS, the rest is pretty much obliterated.

Does this partial legend mean anything to you guys?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Imperial

I think it is an imperial era buckle.
    The legend "Fürchtlos und Treue" should be the one of the state of Würtemberg if I remember well.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Comment

Bingo, You got it! Many thanks. I checked out an example and it matches with the one i found.

Funny thing is, i found it up here in North Norway on a barren mountainside 1000m up in an area occupied by elements of the 6 Gebirgs Division in 1945.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X