Deutscher Turnerbund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutscher Turnerbund

I am in possession of this Deutscher Turnerbund buckle which I believe to be nickle injected molding. I do have a question to the many knowledgable forum members and it is pointed towards the maker mark. I have not come across this in other buckles where the mm is in a raised stamped format. You can see the ges gesch to the left front and then the initials EMN to the right side. My assumption is this is the mark of Ernst Meissner of Hohenlimburg and registered as M4/ 17.

Has anyone else come across this type of marking? Would appreciate any others opinion as well as photos of this type.

Cheers,
    Dan

Front
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

markings -

Again, if you have questions or similar buckles with this type marking I would appreciate the post.

Dan
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dan, I had a FAD buckle with similar markings and I have also seen them on some Heer buckles. If my memeory serves me right I think they were early buckles. I am not definite on this but it could be a trait of the earlier marked buckles IMO.

Ben

Comment

Can't help you with the markings but let me tell you that's a nice buckle!
            I like it!

Cheers...

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X