Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Org Todt Em Buckle . . . value?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a fix on the value of an original period issue Org. Todt EM buckle. The only markings on the buckle are the Org. Todt property markings.

Thanks.

Diane

Originally posted by Diane
    Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a fix on the value of an original period issue Org. Todt EM buckle. The only markings on the buckle are the Org. Todt property markings.

Thanks.

Diane
    Hallo Diane,

I prefer not comment buckles value by the Forum, but I will be happy to confirm the originality if you'll decide to share pics of the buckle you are going to purchase.
    BTW the fake OT buckles are well made and not simple to detect if well aged.

Best

Ric

Comment

I can say they used to be worth a lot but then the fakes killed values, if you want a price you can email me for what I think they are worth.

John

Comment

Posting pictures for Diane:
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Diane,

The buckle you speak of is listed in my Peter Nash reference book as having a value of $1200.00 - $1500.00 dollars. The market is flooded with good fakes. At a recent gun show I went to in Pennsylvania the dealers were asking $800.00 for them. One dealer even had an unmarked leather support tab sewn onto a fake and he was asking $950.00 for that one. So beware out there.

Just a quick side note it isn't against forum rules to discuss price though it is against rules to sell buckles on the forum.
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...scussing+price

I do understand it can get old talking value, but this type of buckle certainly isn't discussed this much. Plus known approximate values keeps people from getting ripped off.

Warm regards,
            Steve

Comment

Ord Todt Buckle

Hi Steve,

My buckle is diestruck steel and details are very crisp. The buckle came with a lot of other mixed insignia. In my 30 years of collecting I have never seen another ORG TODT buckle.

Diane

Comment

Hi Diane,

I personally would try and get a photograph of the buckle and post it on the forum unless you're 100% sure its original. Otherwise, it's just toooo big of a risk. Like others have said the fakes of these buckles are very good.

* Maybe someone has an original they could post pictures of.

Steve

Hi Steve,

My buckle is diestruck steel and details are very crisp. The buckle came with a lot of other mixed insignia. In my 30 years of collecting I have never seen another ORG TODT buckle.

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by John T
                  Posting pictures for Diane:
                  Diane,

if the buckle you are going to purchase is the one posted by John, I suggest to pass on : it's 100 % fake

Best

Ric

Comment

Questions . . .

Hi B. Collector,

I am not purchasing the Org Todt buckel, I already own it. Came with a lot of insignia and I figure that I have about $6.00 invested.

Can you tell me why you think it is "100% Fake"?

Diane

Comment

Hi B. Collector,

I am not purchasing the Org Todt buckel, I already own it. Came with a lot of insignia and I figure that I have about $6.00 invested.

Can you tell me why you think it is "100% Fake"?

Diane
                      Hallo Diane,

your buckle (showed by John), although well detailed and correctly steel die stamped bears many features on the insignia totally wrong, shape and dimension of the roller pin head different from the original ones, some tipycal sign of the original folding tools not present, ecc.
                      Enclosed front close-up of another fake OT for sale on a well known auction site since a while.

Best

Ric
                      Attached Files

Comment

....and an original OT buckle in mint condition, recently sold by the same auction site (and now in my collection).

Ric
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X