Heer or Luft belts Can you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer or Luft belts Can you tell?

I got a bunch of belts and buckles with no clue which went with which. I can of course try to match colors of metal with the belt but can you tell a heer from a Luft just by looking at the ends -- Would the darker grey be Luft?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dennis - I think You maybe right here - dark blue/grey hook maybe a LW belt - here are two of mine - belt on the right has a dark blue hook too - and its a vet pickup - together with a LW buckle, belt on the left has a classic green paint on the hook (a bit too light because of camera flash)
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks it was just a hunch -- I wished the guy had left buckles and belts together.

Comment

LW belts

LW belts are usually brown but some of them had been blackened during the war.
            The main difference is coming from the way the leather tongue with holes is stiched to the belt : on LW belt the stiching does not pass through the leather of the belt. Most of the time there is also a line drawn on external top and bottom of the belt.
            Will post pics later...

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by helmutderpa
              LW belts are usually brown but some of them had been blackened during the war.
              The main difference is coming from the way the leather tongue with holes is stiched to the belt : on LW belt the stiching does not pass through the leather of the belt. Most of the time there is also a line drawn on external top and bottom of the belt.
              Will post pics later...

Simon
              Simon - I guess You mean early/pre war belts (when LW stuff was made in brown leather etc..) ....

Comment

LW early belts

Yes Michael, I'm talking about the LW early belts.
                On top 2 LW belts.
                On bottom 2 Heer belts.

See the different shape of the leather tongue

External side of the belt : no stiching appearing on the LW ones

Unit stamping from the top: I./FLAK 7 11Batt, Batt 14 193, II./Pz.R.7 I, 12/J.R.76 I

Later in the war, nothing can identify a LW belt ; no more unit or LBA stamping, even the blue gray color on the hook can be late war Heer color...

Just my 2 cents.

Simon

Comment

Love those Unit Markings!

Simon,

Those marked belts are great! Did any of them come with unit marked buckles?

Thanks!

William

Comment

unit stamped buckles

Well, I don't remember with which buckle I purchased these belts.
                    Furthermore, I managed many times in the past to buy only the buckle or only the belt when the other item wasn't interesting for me.
                    Sorry....
                    Simon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X