markings on a koppelriemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

markings on a koppelriemen

Hi, I recently found a nicely kept belt with Heer buckle. The buckle was denazified and i think it was brought back from a Lager from a POW. The leather has the marking I am posting (it has also the usual markings and its dated 1936) , Is it something related to POW camp or is simply the Artillerie Regiment marking?, any hint welcome , I have had other belts before but this is the only one with such markings. Thanks

hello,

it should say:
    2. Kompanie Artillerieregiment Nr.64

marking of that kind are sometimes found on early belts from wh and lw.

sven

Comment

Hi,
      I think the "B" is for Berlin depot, were the item was issued from. The unit of the soldier is the 2nd artillery division, 64th regiment. I think this is correct, but others who are more learned in unit markings may correct me. Either way, it is not a POW marking, but the unit marking of the soldier who wore the belt.

God Bless,

Gerard

Comment

Sven,
        Thanks, you are correct, maybe it is too early in the morning for me.

Gerard

Originally posted by Sven Janke
        hello,

it should say:
        2. Kompanie Artillerieregiment Nr.64

marking of that kind are sometimes found on early belts from wh and lw.

sven

Comment

Corrrect is : 2 Abteilung Artilleriegement 64 The II. department of the Artillery regiment was set up to on 15 October 1935 in Breslau as motorized department. The department consisted of three batteries 10-cm cannons. As army troop the department was used in the west and afterwards in the south section of the east front. The department was destroyed in January 1943 in Stalingrad.

Comment

Originally posted by musketeer
            Corrrect is : 2 Abteilung Artilleriegement 64 The II. department of the Artillery regiment was set up to on 15 October 1935 in Breslau as motorized department. The department consisted of three batteries 10-cm cannons. As army troop the department was used in the west and afterwards in the south section of the east front. The department was destroyed in January 1943 in Stalingrad.
            Thanks to everybody for the help.I'm new to this forum and I really appreciate your assistance. Muskeeter, your last contribution is very interesting. Thanks God, the owner of this belt came back to Germany,but i had no records about his military.THe buckle attached to it make me think that he suffered POW anyway , since the HK was erased from this nicely worn koppelschloss (the leather is marked H.Aurich Dresden 1942).Normally i dont pick up or keep denazified items,but coming from the same person,this time i made an exception.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X