• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chad,

Many thanks for posting these great pics. Very educational. I'm sorry I can't contribute anything as - ashamedly - I do not own a single molded zinc HJ buckle (although I have two different zinc die-stamped ones).

This does, however, have the makings of an important thread potentially very useful as reference for all of us. Perhaps other members would care to share their zinc molded buckles, never mind whether carrying the "1" or "2". For instance, I happen to know that David has a particularly juicy zinc buckle with a lot of silver paint on it...

Whatever the future of this thread, keep up the good work, Chad

Best regards, Karl
        Last edited by Kurt Doench; 07-08-2006, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Karl
          thank you for the kind words....would you mind possibly starting a new thread and sharing pics of your zinc Die Stamped HJ buckles..they are a much less common buckle and I am sure that many people have either passed by them as a possible fake or not recognized what was in front of them since they are not seen very often at all...I think it would be of great importance for the forum. ..thanks.>Chad

Comment

Hello
            I am putting together a list of all of the HJ cast zinc buckles I have in my collection and would love if you could talk a minute and cross check your HJ zinc buckles and see if there are any makers that I dont have so we can populate a list of known manufacturers who produced the cast HJ buckles...so if you have one that is not listed here please post pics and the maker..thanks..Chad

Comment

M4/22
              M4/38
              M4/39
              M4/44
              M4/59
              M4/24
              M4/27
              M4/72
              M4/45
              M4/23
              M4/46
              if you have makers of cast HJ buckles other than the above listed please post photos!! thanks.>Chad

Comment

I can fully understand a manufacturer in isolation being eager to exercise a degree of quality control by identifying a tool as "1" or "2". Why though did differing and in competition makers, adopt this same basic system ? It does seem a little odd.

Regards,

David

Comment

David
                  the molds may have been made by an outside company..it is common practice today to have molds outsoureced to a third party..it could have been that a third party made the molds for various buckle manufacturers..hence the standardization of the mold number system.. just something to think about...Chad

Comment

Chad,

Will do!

Best regards, Karl

Originally posted by Chad Williams
                    Karl
                    would you mind possibly starting a new thread and sharing pics of your zinc Die Stamped HJ buckles..they are a much less common buckle and I am sure that many people have either passed by them as a possible fake or not recognized what was in front of them since they are not seen very often at all...I think it would be of great importance for the forum. ..thanks.>Chad

Comment

I'd like to revamp this interesting thread because I recently came across 2 zink buckle marked M4/23 1 & 2-
                      Before reading this thread I guessed that it could be referred to different productions (i.e. Dr Franke could have 2 different factories producing such buckles). If meantime some new infos came up please update the thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X