Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer belt + buckle (was on e-stand)

Hi all,

Yesterday, I sold the following belt and buckle on the e-stand. But also yesterday, I received a P.M from a member asking to put the set here for discussion. Especially the buckle looked suspicious to him. I would like to show the original thread, but I can't find it any longer (probably deleted by admin). Here are the pictures for the buckle...
    I welcome any comments!

Best regards,
    Laurens

1)
    Attached Files

Comment

2)
      Attached Files

Comment

3) These are the original photos I took last week, let me know if other photos or more details are needed...
        Attached Files

Comment

Buckle look strange for me.This eagle is completely difrent from those which I saw. Belt is a late war political belt.

Comment

Hi...the belt is late war but not political in nature....looks like a late war combat belt where the tongue wasn't used....rather, the belt had the prong holes right in the leather. The buckle adler does look different....but it also has a convincing look to it. I don't recognize the hallmark though.

I'd like to hear what others think....

Cheers...

Rob

Comment

Hi Laurens,

from your pics not safe to say (it´s better to have pics with full view from obverse an reverse), but I think the buckle is not good.

The shape of eagles head and feathers looks strange. Furthermore the lack of acorns between the oakleaves makes me wonder. I don't have seen such a design before.

Perhaps helpful to have a pic from reverse to estimate the ears of the buckle.

But lets see what others have to say.

Regards,

Guido

Comment

Originally posted by lach470
                Hi...the belt is late war but not political in nature....looks like a late war combat belt where the tongue wasn't used....rather, the belt had the prong holes right in the leather. The buckle adler does look different....but it also has a convincing look to it. I don't recognize the hallmark though.

I'd like to hear what others think....

Cheers...

Rob
                Cmon Rob !!
                You should know this buckle !!
                its even in my "basic fake reference" on the other forum

here is a picture of this design from a reneacting site:

Ps Laurens !! thanks for posting this thread !!
                Attached Files

Comment

rhese pictures are already from a other forum - sorry...

back marked olc

very characteristic fake - sharp like nails prongs.... terrible details.. etc....

about the belt - hardto say ... war belts are made rough side - to outside, post war are made smooth side to the outside...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike! You nailed it buddy......I was still half asleep or is it half awake! I get up way too early in the morning! hahahaha
                    You're right of course. The belt looks good to me. What threw me on the buckle was the appearance of "patination".

Good call buddy! At least I didn't go and give it a definitive thumbs up! LOL.....my bad!

Sorry Laurens....but Mike is right on this one.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by lach470
                      Mike! You nailed it buddy......I was still half asleep or is it half awake! I get up way too early in the morning! hahahaha
                      You're right of course. The belt looks good to me. What threw me on the buckle was the appearance of "patination".

Good call buddy! At least I didn't go and give it a definitive thumbs up! LOL.....my bad!

Sorry Laurens....but Mike is right on this one.

Rob

ok...
                      I can understand - its early dont let that ever happen again !! haahahah

for me its late... 5.40 AM - I just got back from work.. .. ok I will go sleep few hours.. ciao !!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies as everyone has been helpfull here. I never thought the buckle was a copy because it looks convincing to say the least. I received two enquiries from other members to buy the set, so they also must have thought it was real.
                        I have contacted the buyer to cancel our deal. I don't like to be fooled by others so I am not going to do the same with somebody else. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Michael

Cheers,
                        Laurens

Comment

[/quote]I have contacted the buyer to cancel our deal. I don't like to be fooled by others so I am not going to do the same with somebody else. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Michael

Cheers,
                          Laurens[/quote]

There's the sign of an honest seller! I have dealt with Laurens before....he's a stand up guy!! Mistakes happen....it's how we deal with them that shows who we really are!! Cheers!!

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X