Clear All

"Bald" alu buckle..

Hi,

Typical one,what can it be ?

Jos.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps many of us by say a casual glance toward image 2, would assume that the buckle was an early war time period, injection moulded aluminium HJ by Sieper.

How wrong.

I am unsure as to whether this buckle and a "design" not exclusive to R S & S, has ever been documented. My assumption has always been that the buckle was an early war time utility type, of limited production and not specifically related to any NS organisation.

An interesting buckle though.

Regards,

David

Comment

it could of course be a very nicely buffed and denazified HJ ...this is a known HJ type of cast aluminum buckle by the same maker...just a thought..Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Williams
          it could of course be a very nicely buffed and denazified HJ ...this is a known HJ type of cast aluminum buckle by the same maker...just a thought..Chad
          I thought of that...,but I think it's rather hard to keep the nice rounded shape in both directions..,no ?
          Attached Files

Comment

.;
            Attached Files

Comment

Chad

Do you have an example of a Sieper HJ - injection moulded aluminium ? If so, could you post an image of the reverse ?

I think (only think) that the reverse detail of the two buckles are very similar, although there are very slight differences to suggest that the tooling was specifically set to make this "neutral" obverse.

Regards,

David

Comment

Interesting to note that a very well known German dealer, currently has for sale two "neutral" buckles.

By the reverse detail, one looking very similar to the HJ by Aurich, whilst the other, appears jolly close to the HJ by Linden.

Are these buckles "HJ associated" perhaps ?

Regards,

David
                Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

David
                        I will post when I get back from my trip..I looked at my book which has the pics of my M4/38 Hj and it looks spot on on the reverse side..I am interested to see a side by side comparison ...Chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X