blank buckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank buckle?

hi just bought this belt and buckle ,can any1 tell me what kind of buckle it is,not exciting but was quite cheap

buckle

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

blank

pik
      Attached Files

Comment

blank

rear
        Attached Files

Comment

blank

pikk
          Attached Files

Comment

I actually think that the buckle is quite exciting and it does appear to be a pre 1945 piece.

It is possibly one of the well documented "neutral" or "blank" boxes, produced by the larger manufacturers and then sold on to the small and "cottage industry" buckle makers.

Is it nickle on brass ?

Regards,

David

Comment

blank

hi david, i have just purchased the belt and buckle but have not yet received it, as soon as i do i will let you know what metal it is,and thankyou for the fast reply,regards dave

Comment

blank

hi david, the belt and buckle has finally arrived under a loupe i can just see a bit of brass peeping thru ,so it is nickel on brass ,regards dave

Comment

Dave

As I had hoped - nickle silver on brass.

This box buckle per se is displayed within numerous and "period" catalogues as "Neutral", being either brass or plated brass, with a smooth or polished finish.

I assume that the neutral buckles were then sold on to "cottage industry" manufacturers, in order that they could be finished by the affixing of emblems or roundels, depending on the end user.

Unusual !

Regards,

David

Comment

blank

hi and thankyou david for this information as it really did puzzle as to what kind of buckle it is,and the buckle which at first seemed to me quite boring really is quite interesting regards dave

Comment

NSBO with the same "box".

Notice the shape and configuration of the lower "ear".

Apparently, the roundel being affixed by low temperature silver soldering.

Regards,

David
                      Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

blank

wow i think you have found its twin they do look very alike and mine has the smooth polished finish, thanks again david for the info and the pics

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X