No announcement yet.

Wide and brazed bridge catch SA's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

David
              the last buckle in the group...does it have flat claw tips???? if so, I know who the maker is..what a wonderful group of SA buckles you have shared....I love the two early code RZM marked buckles...can you share the maker information with the group...thanks.Chad

Comment

Chad

Thankyou for your kind comments.

What I feel is interesting here and in connection with these single stamping and wide, brazed on bridge catch SA's, is the diversity of the catch itself. It is almost as though the catch on occasions was bought in from a sub contractor and used by various buckle manufacturers.

As you have recognised, the final buckle in the series has the distinctive flat cut tips to the claws. What are your thoughts on this one, as I have quite a few buckles and including the ubiquitous SS, with a similar style ?

RZM M4/30 and RZM 36 as our old and trusted friend of B u N, whilst RZM 36 is S u L.

Any possibility Chad of showing a few DJ or HJ buckles with say the distinct, wide style brazed on catches ? I actually think that the B u N one stands out like a sore thumb, although there may be a pattern here.

Regards,

David
                Last edited by David North; 04-29-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

David here is a picture of a DJ with the same catach type and claw cut..I believe this is made by the same maker, I have a few examples that all match including a marked HJ which is what brought me to this conclusion....I dont have my camera today, but will post the HJ pics some other time here is the matching DJ in question...the maker by the way is RZM 34 which is unlisted, but if you use the M1 code system, I believe it comes up as Karl Wurster (correct me if I am wrong, I cant find my M1 code list at the moment... I have about half a dozen buckles which all have the same exact claw tips and catches and now I have 3 that are marked...all RZM 34.... please let me know what you think...Chad

Comment

well, I guess as soon as I can figure out how to add the photo I will, any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Comment

Originally posted by David North
                      Another "sub group" of SA buckles that I thought may be of slight interest to some.

Single stamping examples of "yellow" and "white" metal SA's, although with the common feature of wide and brazed on bridge catches.

Regards,

David
                      An amazing study, David and for sure a valid support to recognize the different makers by the catch.

Best

Ric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X