No announcement yet.

German Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news Alex!! Buckle Nr. 2 and 5 are for sure fakes. I'm not a expert for SS leaders, but I have a really bad feeling about the leader too!

Sorry that I can't say something better...
    Christian

Comment

Hi Alex number two is what I call a pigeon head fake, look at the eagles head it looks more like a pigeon than an eagle, the SS Mann Number 5 & SS Officers number 6 are also fake. I am having a good close look at the rest before I comment on them

Ben

Comment

Ben&wickie
        Thank you for your the professional suggestion
        alex

Comment

Close up of item 2 & 5
          Attached Files

Comment

item 2
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex, in my opinion no 1 the Heer CTD buckle is ok. Here is mine for comparison.

Ben
              Attached Files

Comment

Rear
                Attached Files

Comment

On the others Alex, I would say the Luftewaffe is ok, the HJ buckle I think is ok but I am not sure about the paper tag, the Police buckle for some reason I do not like. The makers mark does not seem right to me but i am no expert. I am sure other guys with much more knowledge than me will see you right

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Wickie
                    Bad news Alex!! Buckle Nr. 2 and 5 are for sure fakes. I'm not a expert for SS leaders, but I have a really bad feeling about the leader too!

Sorry that I can't say something better...
                    Christian

Hi Alex,

I agree with the guys : number 2 - 5 - 6 are well known fake

Other buckles are original

Regards

Ric

Comment

Thankyou Ben & Ric

Comment

Originally posted by regiment739
                        On the others Alex, I would say the Luftewaffe is ok, the HJ buckle I think is ok but I am not sure about the paper tag, the Police buckle for some reason I do not like. The makers mark does not seem right to me but i am no expert. I am sure other guys with much more knowledge than me will see you right

Ben

Mythoughts exactly....that HJ tag looks like it was just printed - in fact the buckle looks almost brand new!! Mint?
                        LW is good as it the first Heer.

Rob

Comment

An interesting selection of buckles and I tend to agree with all that has been already said.

The "Kremp" HJ though is a stunner. These same buckles were in circulation a few years ago, although I assume that most have now been absorbed into private collections. Mint, unused and almost too good to be true, although they are in my opinion quite original. All with the F code tax label and from memory, all with a production numbering of between 103 thousand and 104 thousand.

The Overhoff logo on the SchuPo buckle does appear a tad odd, although perhaps not so when compared to the logo on the preceding buckle. Alex - any possibility of images toward the Overhoff stampings on the leather tongue?

Regards,

David

Comment

Both SS, (EM and leader) are fake as well as the OLC army.
                            Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X