Help on a steel SS buckle please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on a steel SS buckle please

This is a steel SS buckle that is devoid of any paint. In fact it looks likes it was wire brushed or bead blasted or something. I can't find any markings on it anywhere. There is some wear to the front. Let me know.
    Thanks, Mitch
    Attached Files

reverse of buckle

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I dont like it

Comment

I don't like it as well - no details on the reverse.

Comment

I would say it is a fake, the detail front and rear is bad, prongs are wrong so are the ears

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by M. A. Miller
            This is a steel SS buckle that is devoid of any paint. In fact it looks likes it was wire brushed or bead blasted or something. I can't find any markings on it anywhere. There is some wear to the front. Let me know.
            Thanks, Mitch
            Hi Mitch,

I confirm the below opinions : it's a well known fake.

Regards

Ric

Comment

I'm not expert but it looks an awful lot like the late war RODO featured in Krawczyk and Lukacs "waffen ss uniforms and insignia "
              Regards Greg

Comment

For me....the most obvious problem is the prongs....they just don't look right...

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Muller
                  I'm not expert but it looks an awful lot like the late war RODO featured in Krawczyk and Lukacs "waffen ss uniforms and insignia "
                  Regards Greg
                  The fake SS buckle discussed is stamped with a new die, so the insignia's features are totally different from any original one.

Ric

Comment

Thanks

Thanks alot for everyones input. i accept it as a fake but for my own knowledge does anyone have another picture of this well known fake to post so I can compare it ? I just wanted to add that these pictures were from a scanner so the detail to reverse didn't show up as well .
                    Thanks again, Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by M. A. Miller
                      Thanks alot for everyones input. i accept it as a fake but for my own knowledge does anyone have another picture of this well known fake to post so I can compare it ? I just wanted to add that these pictures were from a scanner so the detail to reverse didn't show up as well .
                      Thanks again, Mitch
                      Here you go ....
                      Attached Files
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Back
                        Attached Files
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Catch detail
                          Attached Files
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Stamping detail. Note the common feature where the dot is missing / not clearly stamped on the top of the i
                            Attached Files
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Jean Pierre for posting these multiple images.,
                              That makes it perfectly clear. I appreciate it alot.
                              Regards, Mitch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X