LW Officer's belt, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Officer's belt, help

Here's a Luft Officer's belt that was in the package from Chris (see "Tom and Chris yard sale" in the e-Stand). The odds are 10 to 1 for its originality, but we thought we's check with y'all before we put it on the block.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I will let someone else reply to this question since we are talking about a belt and a buckle not SS related, but nuts to affix emblem and original buckle don't live together! Furthermore, looking at how the back is done sincerely makes me wonder which original maker could had done this poor job.

Anyway if the buckle is original I will be able to say I learnt something today.
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Hi Tom,
            I dislike judging anything from pics alone but here are a couple of thoughts,
            hard to tell from the pics but is the buckle oval or round, Luft. Off. should be oval.
            Second, I agree with JP, the quality looks poor especially when considering it's a "tail down" or 1st model buckle produced prior to 1938 when the "flared "tail pattern made it's appearence.
            And lastly I personally don't like any buckle with the eagle attached by a nut.
            Can't comment on the brocade , not my thing,
            just my thoughts.

Comment

Tom,

Sorry to have to say that this is a bad buckle. I agree with what JP and Paul say about the nut and the poor image to the back. In addition the prong bar is wrong. Based on that the brocade is very likely bad as well but cannot be sure without more closeup photos. One very important point on officers buckles. ANY officers buckle w/the front piece attached w/a nut is BAD. The same applies to any Offficers or enlisted buckle w/the SS runes inside a diamond.

Bill

Comment

PS

I have never seen a LW Officers w/ a "DRGM" stamp. This is just another atempt to try and legitimize a phony buckle.

Bill

Comment

Hmmm :-(
                  Guess we will have to Ebay it as a copy. There goes the only piece I ever bought from Thomas Appel Auctions that had the slightest chance of being real.

Comment

WHAT DO ALL THESE RUMP RANGER COLLECTOR TYPES KNOW? I GOT IT FROM MY GRANDDADDY WHO WAS A GENRAL IN THE LUFFWAFFER!

Comment

I guess I don’t need to ad any comment to this tread, 100% fake of course!
                      Marc V.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X