Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army General Buckle

Hello All,

I just got this new one in the mail today and wanted to see what you guys thought of it. It looks and feels totally legit to me...

I was really nervous about it because it know that an army buckle can be easily repainted but I dont believe that this one is fake. The gold finish looks fantastic and it appears that the gold on the buckle was done before it was put together. It appears that on the cylinder section with the 2 prongs the gold goes all the way through under the circular section. The gold is dull on all areas except the obverse and reverse of the plate but NOT the "catch" section of the buckle.

I did an acetone test on the buckle as well and nothing comes off at all...I tested it on the back of the buckle but the only thing that came up was the little bit of dirt that was on the back of the buckle.

Also, on the reverse of the eagle that is not finish loss...it almost got a coating or something over it. Maybe a part of the plating process?

I feel very confident that this is a good one but I am in no way an expert on buckles. I just saw this one for sale...it looked good so I took a chance.

Please let me know what you guys think...

Regards,
    Chris G.
    Attached Files

Tough crowd...I guess there isnt a lot of these around to compare it with...even in past threads. I'm comfortable and happy with it so I guess that is all that really matters.

Regards,
    Chris G.

Comment

These Generals buckles are tough to judge. I have seen guilded and dull gold painted buckles. I have a RAD generals that seems to be constructed like your buckle. Dull gold keepers shiny buckle. Ruptured Duck had an identical one on a brocade.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me.
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X