Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM leather belt

Dear all,
    Is anyone able to tell me something about the probable use of this attractive leather belt, please? It is stamped with RZM, and is used, but in perfect condition, including the black satin surface with an impressed border. Is it an SS parade belt?
    Thankyou for any help you can give.
    Simon

I bought several SS belts and buckles about 20 years ago from Germanwarbooty and Helmut Weitze, and they have been stored during several house moves since then; but a knowledgable collector friend of mine has now reminded me that this is an Allgemeine SS enlisted-man's patent belt. It is marked RZM L2/2189/39 (or 8, as the 9 is faint).

However, I would still welcome the opinions of any fellow buckle collectors here, please.

Comment

I think that this belt is not SS, the markings and the quality of leather don't correspond to an SS belt

Comment

After 1943 it could "have been used by the SS" (or in other words been fitted with a SS buckle by needs of war) and someone could have found it this way but this was never a belt intended for the SS. Ivanjoaquin is correct. A NSKK belt probably as they were often the first belts to be reissued to the SS. But without a SS buckle and a valid background this is nothing but a paramilitary belt.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thankyou very much, Ivan and Jean Pierre for your informed comments.
          Simon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X