SS alu belt buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS alu belt buckle

Hello! I ask for your opinion in determining the originality of the unmarked buckle Overhoff-type. The dimensions and weight correspond to the original. I do not like the internal coating and traces of casting on the wreath and wings from the inside.
    Stas.
    Attached Files

This is a very low quality casted reproduction, imo. Also, as it is supposed to be an aluminum buckle made by Overhoff, these will always be marked according to J.P.'s ultimate list, if original. Unfortunately, most fakes are marked similar to the originals and look much better than this one.

Chris

Comment

IMO this buckle is a ground dug original

Comment

Even if I did not enter it in my Ultimate list, I still have pictures of a ground dug Overhoff in aluminum which could be unmarked. Its ground dug condition will not allow to guarantee the lack of marking was made at factory or that the marking disappear from excessive wear. So do not discard something just because it was/is not in my list. It is absolutely non sense to do so.

Talking about the above example, the buckle's surface, where it is still intact and shiny, does not look like a cast repro. Reverse view is indeed really odd. Even the other unmarked I was referring to is not like that but same as a marked Overhoff made from aluminum. But looks like the above buckle was covered by something, and this something remains in some of the recessed areas. Anyhow, you cannot use dimensions I posted almost 20 years ago to determine if this buckle is conform to an original. Reason been I posted overall dimensions which had been corrected long ago! If you want to use sizes, compare sizes between two parts of the eagle. This is where they should match.

Even if most of SS buckles from my collection are now sold, still a few are available for sale. Please contact jpredeu@gmail.com for the list.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

​ Hello, this is my belt buckle. I want to show you some more photos. The buckle has been restored. I consider it original, dug out.
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Here are the exact dimensions post-75087-0-10845400-1598292535.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

And here you can see the centers of corrosion, covered with epoxy resin. Pointed with a toothpick. There is perforating corrosion. Sorry for the quality of the photo, the camera on the phone does not allow ​​​ to take good quality macro shots
              post-75087-0-10681200-1598295322.jpg post-75087-0-04336400-1598295330.jpg post-75087-0-57291700-1598295338.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ivanjoaquin View Post
                IMO this buckle is a ground dug original
                i agree ,decent ground dug here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbentrop View Post
                  Here are the exact dimensions
                  Those at totally useless by now. Take measurements from eagle parts.

Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                  All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post

Those at totally useless by now. Take measurements from eagle parts.
                    Which parts of the eagle should be measured?

Comment

Any, as long you can compare them to an established original, which must be from the exact same serie of your buckle. But if it is indeed a factory unmarked it should be impossible to find another from the same serie at current time
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X