SS pointed wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS pointed wings

A friend texted me these photos. Looking at JP ‘Redeuilh’s ultimate SS buckle thread I believe this is one JP named Pointed Wing and produced by Giesse & Schmidt. The wear on the chest feathers seem a little off. Is this the correct ID on the buckle.
    Attached Files

Yes. Look at the sides of the buckle.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thanks JP. If my buddy gets the buckle I will work a deal to add it to my collection. Not the condition I like but a hard variant to find.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
        Thanks JP. If my buddy gets the buckle I will work a deal to add it to my collection. Not the condition I like but a hard variant to find.
        condition is good here and superb buckle

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
          Honestly I do not see any problem with its condition. IMO in a much better condition than that one https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...e#post11730467
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

A beautiful example, imo.

Chris

Comment

The chest looks a little strange but overall it is nicer than any other I have found. Hopefully I will be Abe to get it. Thanks for the reply’s

Comment

What is the value on a buckle like this? Thank you.

Comment

The current owner of this buckle contacted me by private message asking me the resale value for it. I did not reply to him and I do not plan to. When I am providing publicly prices I want to prevent members from been ripped off by other members (in another Forum a price point of $300 USD was given for a SS buckle transiting for over $1200...) BUT I do not want to help anyone to make money just to make money!!! So please do not contact for such reasons!
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

So, I am the owner of this buckle, and I respect your decision to not respond to my PM. That said, I would like to add some clarification, as your post above is a little confusing to me.

I am not a buckle guy, or really even a German collector anymore. As such, I am very thankful for this forum, and the members here, who so generously helped me identify what I have here. My PM to you was not to “just make money”. You openly posted - in another topic - the price you sold a similar buckle for last year. I was only looking to get a sense for whether the market has remained consistent in your opinion. I have had several inquiries, and I want to make sure that I price this buckle in a way that is fair to both parties.

In line with your rationale above, of wanting people to be treated fairly, that is all I am trying to do. I do apologize if that offended you. Certainly not my intent.

Thanks again everyone.

Comment

I would estimate it somewhere between $2,000.00 -- $2,500.00 based on the few that I have seen over the past few years, but I could still be off. These don't come up for sale often at all.
                      Just my thoughts!

Chris

Comment

Thank you Chris, I really appreciate the help.

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                        I would estimate it somewhere between $2,000.00 -- $2,500.00 based on the few that I have seen over the past few years, but I could still be off. These don't come up for sale often at all.
                        Just my thoughts!

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X