SS buckle for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS buckle for opinions please

May I please get opinions on this SS buckle. Thanks very much. SS BUckle aluminum.png SS buckle 2 aluminum.png

Anybody??

Comment

For some reason, the experts in this field do not offer their opinions whenever a really high end fake aluminum EM SS buckle, (or any one that is highly questionable to the rest of us), is posted for opinions here. I have noticed this since a long time ago, so you probably will not get anymore opinions here at all. That being said, I will offer you my opinion. If you look directly under the post sleeve, you will see a long, raised line. I don't think that line is supposed to be there, however, I am not 100% sure about this buckle. I do have serious doubts about this buckle because of this, and what I believe to be, other signs of casting seen on the front side, such as the flattened letters in the motto. Again, it's hard to say, based on these low quality photos. In any case, I would recommend very strong caution with this buckle if you are planning on buying it. It does also have some things in it's favor, imo, some good signs that do not appear on most of the cast fakes that are seen regularly. If this is indeed a fake, it is far better than most fakes out there, but it's a no for me. I would really love to know what the experts here think about this one. Maybe we will see?

These are my thoughts,

Chris

Comment

Here is the flaw that I was referring to:
        Attached Files

Comment

Because of the flaws pointed out, I too would pass on this buckle....Bodes

Comment

The photos do not show the true color of the buckle, can you post photos in better lighting? Can you also show the opposite side of the prong assembly? Yes, Chris is correct in that people do not wish to comment at times on these as there are certain details we look for and there are different levels of quality to the fakes.

Comment

More pics would help but I think that this buckle is a copy
              From my collection:

Comment

IMG_4674.JPG

Comment

Thank you guy's for all the input. I took these extra pics, I hope they help. SS aluminum buckle 5.png SS aluminum buckle 6.png SS buckle aluminum 4.png

Comment

I usually step when there is a need for, not to waste my time. Look at those pictures (original buckle, exact same model aka Type 3 following my own codification (latest) or SN (Small numbers following my older own codification) which are coming from this forum. Look at your supposedly cast flaws. Line? There. Tips of the post sleeve? This is always a very thin peace of metal which is rolling freely since more than 80 years. Do you really think it is not going to change a bit? Rather pay attention to the important stuff, what fakers should never be able to duplicate instead of what could be perfectly legitimate imperfections to the stamping process of aluminum! Look for example at the opening of the post sleeve I uploaded last and compare it to the first picture of this thread: identical. Why? Because it was always the same tool used to roll over the sleeve to the post! Fakers do not think to that kind of things! And if they do, they will have to change it for each type of buckle! But 80 years later it did not change. And so on....
                    Tutto va bene ora?
                    IMG_9714.jpg

IMG_9712.jpg

1.jpg
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thank you, JP, for clearing up this matter, (and for your time).

Chris

Comment

JP, my deepest appreciation for your expertise and your time. You saved the day!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X