Attached Files

Comment

salty rodo 1 front
        Attached Files

Comment

back
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi just curious has anyone ever seen an early steel WSS unmarked buckle? This was given me by a UNQUESTIONABLE good source (for help in his SS research) but I dont want his good name to come into this I just want anyones elses' opinion. It still has a LOT of orig paint on front & almost 100% in back.Any ideas? Rodos are just for comparrison & none are for sale....Thanks Richard
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice buckles Richard,

Without any doubt they are genuine.
              I crack always for the RODO's

Thanks to share them ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodo
                Nice buckles Richard,

Without any doubt they are genuine.
                I crack always for the RODO's

Thanks to share them ...
                Thanks for the info.....I was pretty sure they were ok but the unmarked one just struck me as wierd...btw the person who gave me this was Mike Beaver (RIP)

Comment

Your silver painted SS buckle is original and is marked. You will find its marking under the post sleeve \ prongs assembly. Even if you cannot see the marking right away, please take your buckle to sunlight and play with shadows. With patience you will notice the very faint marking which is "RZM 155/43 SS" which denotes a SS buckle made by the Assmann firm in 1943. 43's SS buckles made by Assmann with such faint marking are not very numerous and should be considered scarce.

For the two RODO it was already stated they were original. I would like to add both are Type 1 which is the most common Type of the two having been produced.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                  All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Very interesting Jean-Pierre i didn't know this Assman buckle had an hidden mark ... will look on mines !!!
                    Thanks for the info !!!
                    ))

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                      Your silver painted SS buckle is original and is marked. You will find its marking under the post sleeve \ prongs assembly. Even if you cannot see the marking right away, please take your buckle to sunlight and play with shadows. With patience you will notice the very faint marking which is "RZM 155/43 SS" which denotes a SS buckle made by the Assmann firm in 1943. 43's SS buckles made by Assmann with such faint marking are not very numerous and should be considered scarce.

For the two RODO it was already stated they were original. I would like to add both are Type 1 which is the most common Type of the two having been produced.
                      Awesome info JP...if I ever get home from work BEFORE sunset I will examine! Thanks again! Richard

Comment

JP:

I noticed there was a gummy almost sticker like residue in the spot where you said to look. I simply rubbed it w/ a paper napkin & the markings came up really nice....nice SS in a circle....Thanks so much for the info! Rich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X