• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something nice! Marc V.

Something nice!
    Attached Files

Hi,

Your right! Very nice ! Which organization wore thebottom brocade?
    Regards,
    Sam

Comment

PL Belt

Both are great looking Brocade belts - the one on top is Political leader but the lower one????Was this one worn by AH ???I know that there is a picture of AH on his Italy tour and he is wearing a Brocade belt with what looks to be a PL buckle.

Comment

I know those brocades are from the PL but what I would need to know is who was wearing the bottom one with carmine piping and back?????????
        I think this would correspond with the rank of Bormann (Reich leader)??????
        Is there a good picture of Hitler in Italy wearing this type of brocade?
        Marc V.

Comment

Marc,

I've seen colour footage of Hitler wearing a brocade on TV on one of those now-fashionable programmes showing the "Third Reich", light edition; by this I mean facile explanations geared to an audience that hasn't got a clue. The clip was very short. I couldn't make out the buckle (except that it was gold), but the brocade was clearly silver with gold stripes. This would make it like Angolia's brocade tentatively ascribed to the adjutant Jüttner.

At a guess (and that's what it is), I would ascribe your Feldbinde to one of the Reichsleiter, who were popularly known as "Goldfasane" (gilded pheasants).

Greetings,

Karl

Comment

Marc,

I remember when I saw this brocade at the MAX show three years ago that I was astounded . I also believe that it is very possibly a one of a kind brocade and likely a private purchase. Since there is no record in any photographs of anything like this brocade it seems highly unlikely that it was issued to more than one or two high political leaders or posssibly one of the Eastern People's Gauleiters. Another possibility which you may not like is that it is a brocade produced for a South/Central American or S. E. Asian country and someone just put the PL buckle on it. I am not that familiar w/non-German/Eastern European brocades so I may be really off the wall on this. However I sit here looking at the Turkish brocade I rec'd from you and while there are a number of differences(the wide center stripe being white) the basic design and backing color is similar. In any event it is still a beautiful, and as of now a mysterious, brocaade that hopefully someone can shed more light on.

Bill

Comment

HI Bill,

No, this is not a South African police officer, South American butcher brocade or a Turkish submariner paratrooper SS brocade (yoke)
              This is a 100% good German PL brocade and buckle; do not forget that the brocade has the tag on the back for Reichshauptamptleither. (See a previous tread.)
              Also the buckle is of a completely different size as the normal small PL buckles on the gold brocade.
              This is not really visible on the picture but the buckle on the carmine brocade is smaller than the one on the gold brocade. It will not fit the gold brocade at all!!!!!!!!!
              On top of this, a very well know Belgian collector has the same buckle in the same small size in SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Both the buckles (Mine on the picture and the silver one) are also of a different manufacture as the Normal PL buckles for brocade or leather belt.
              This one is not RZM marked but marked with the factory marking and the D.R.G.M.
              It must by consequence been a manufacture from before the RZM or a prototype.
              The search continue……………….

Marc V.

Comment

Marc,

"Mea Culpa". I totally forgot that the brocade had the tag on the back nad was not aware that the buckle was smaller than the standard PL brocade buckle. So that said I certainly will agree that it is a period Third Reich brocade and an extremely rare one at that. It is interesting that there is another like it but with a silver buckle. The 60mm PL also came in a silver variation which you no of course. Have you ever seen the 55mm PL in a silver version??

Regards,

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X