Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belts

Here is something I have always loved for some reason. German belt/buckle rigs. I'm really picky about them though, and will only add one to my collection if I am very sure they were worn together. I usually base this on the circumstances under which they were found, but you can never know for sure I guess. Here is a recent addition. A Heer tropical set. The buckle also has a tropical tab. This set was originally vet acquired. I love the coloring of the tropical web items...
    Attached Files

Here is another favorite. This is a late war unmarked steel WSS buckle/belt rig. The belt is the later type w/ the adjusting holes punched into it. This came from a Michigan vet and has always been together..
    Attached Files

Comment

Another vet acquired tropical set, this time Luftwaffe. The buckle has a leather tab, but that's the way it came back. This belt and the Heer trop are nice because they appear to have been worn
      Attached Files

Comment

Another vet piece, this time a HJ rig. This set has the scarce buckle w/ the catch from a thick wire loop separately applied to the body by a folding lug...I believe it is an Assmann
        Attached Files

Comment

I have more and will post some of those later...

Comment

Those sets are great Andy. I commned you for your effort in finding sets and for keeping them as sets. Too many are breaking those sets up. I agree that the tropical sets are neat and also very hard to find.

Here is a pre-war Luftwaffe set with both the belt and buckle unit marked to the same unit in 1937.
            Attached Files
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

SA "set".

Regards,

David
              Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X