Question for J.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for J.P.

J.P., a few month ago, you mentioned that someone who you know is writing a book on SS belt buckles. My question(s) are, what is his name, and also, do you know when it is expected to be finished? Does he have a website that we could use to check it's progress, etc., and where we might also, possibly purchase the book from?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am really excited for a book on SS buckles, finally.

Thanks!

Chris

I knew a guy, who years ago, also was intending to write abook about SS buckles. Big plans, no result. As far as I know the guy is interested in other things.

There is also a German, who is working on a new buckle reference, for years. And he still is working on it. Much information from the first persons will be covered in the book from the second guy. I have asked various times.

I provided both with information and they know each others. No results, a real pity!

Comment

Chris, I was talking, and still talking, about a book on German belt buckles, not only on SS buckles. Of course SS buckles will be covered but they are not the main subject of the book. The person who should come up with such work is not one of the regular gizmos we are used to know. He really does a research by his own and knows what he is talking about. You certainly already know him since he helped a lot of people in this Forum but he does not seek the glamour for it or does not post stupid and empty replies like "authentic well worn buckle" just to increase his personal post numbers to look like a knowledgeable member. He is German but I will not state his name since he does not even know himself if he will publish his book under his true name due to laws in his country. He is the same person Wilhelm Saris is talking about, and as Wim stated, he has his full support. He also has mine since I allowed him to use any and all pictures of my former collection that I sent him. He also purchased one of my extremely rare SS buckles few weeks ago. But we are just two persons among all of those bringing him what we have!
      When his book will be out? I have no clue but it is not finished yet. Keep in mind he has to work to sustain his living, which does not help to find time.
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        I knew a guy, who years ago, also was intending to write abook about SS buckles. Big plans, no result. As far as I know the guy is interested in other things.
        Indeed we are all humans with the intellectual capability to set our priorities
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thanks for the information, guys!

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X