Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunter Boldt Grave Le Cambe

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone lives close to the cemetery and could get a picture of Gunter's Headstone.

I have always been moved by him in the video with Michael Wittmann and while Michael's grave is always pictured I thought that it would be nice to Gunter's since he shares an important role in the video with Michael, and he was also the loader at VB.

He died July 44 on the Bourguebus Ridge.

I found his exact location once but I cannot find my notes.

Anyway, thanks much if this is possible!

Originally posted by headeast View Post
    Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone lives close to the cemetery and could get a picture of Gunter's Headstone.

I have always been moved by him in the video with Michael Wittmann and while Michael's grave is always pictured I thought that it would be nice to Gunter's since he shares an important role in the video with Michael, and he was also the loader at VB.

He died July 44 on the Bourguebus Ridge.

I found his exact location once but I cannot find my notes.

Anyway, thanks much if this is possible!

Surname: Boldt

Forename: Günter

Date of birth: 23.01.1925

Place of birth: Königsberg

Date of death/becoming missing: 20.07.1944

Place of death/becoming missing: bei Caen

buried in the military cemetery in La Cambe Block 27 Reihe 5 Grab 169

If you can wait a little bit, I should be there mid November and could take a picture of his grave.
    Last edited by Höhe 112; 10-29-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hello and thank you! I can wait!

I am in the US and have never been able to make my visit to France and Normandy and le Cambe.

I have studied MW for a long time, and while I enjoy that, the film with him and Gunter I am always moved by the look of Gunter so I researched him and found what I could.

He is always seen with Michael now, forever, more so than anyone else I know. the video is of course famous and yet he seems totally forgotten.

When I found out he was at le cambe with MW I searched and searched if anyone had posted anything on him and they had not. So this would be so very interesting and helpful to me

thanks so much!

Comment

Also and if not to much trouble, can you also get a picture from the mound in the middle of the cemetery overlooking his area and mark it,if i ever get there that would help a ton

thanks

Comment

Boldt will be buried in the areas marked in yellow. I cannot remember if its from left to right or right to left counting over so I have marked both on Block 27.

Comment

ah thank you very much!

Sorry I didnt get a notification there had been a response here. I need to learn the forum more.

Does anyone knwo what unit he was in at the end there? and am trying to find more records about him in general.

Thanks so much

Comment

Hi

I was just checking back in to see if you had made it to the cemetery?

thanks much!

Comment

Originally posted by headeast View Post
                Hi

I was just checking back in to see if you had made it to the cemetery?

thanks much!
                Hello
                Sorry, I have had to cancel my trip to La cambe in November and hope to be there for the next week.

Comment

[ATTACH]4520875[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]4520877[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice photos!

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH!!

Sorry with the holidays and Travel its been a little while for me to check

thanks so much for doing this for me! and also showing me the location

so appreciate this and the work you did

Comment

THought I would add this

Gunter with Michael wittmann in color. I have always found Gunter to be an interesting person. Michael is discussed everywhere in history forums and this video clip is also famous, and there is this other person with him. I always wondered who he was. Found out he was the loader for MIchael at VB, and then probably died in 231 on july 20, 44. there is also a picture of 231 still in the field after the war. That is also another spot I have been trying to find.

best shot of him around :21-23 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGgUcEpwfcs

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X