• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer colour slide

Not seen this one before.
    Attached Files

Picture

Hi,

Isn't that a single frame taken from the famous film clip of a JagdTiger unit surrendering? Great image.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Jagdtiger

Hi,

Nothing to do with the surrender film, different unit, this is the Jagdtiger, tactical nr 331, that ended upo at Aberdeen Prooving Ground in the USA and is still somewhere in the US.

cheers lennard

Comment

Jagdtiger;

Yes, The APG Jagdtiger. You can tell buy the barrel in full recoil and hit damage at end of mantlet by barrel. There is a few other photos in this series showing the frontal hit damage at this same location. I believe its setting at Ft. Lee, Va. in storage currently.

Comment

Thanks for showing the colour image of the APG Jagdtiger. My wife and I travelled to Maryland in 2010 to visit the APG. I've an image of her standing in front of the big cat with her hand placed next to the hits on the frontal armour. That's one monster of a machine. On a side note. When we attempted to cross the border for the first time in 25 years, we were naturally hauled aside and searched. We got to chatting with one of the older hands in the guard house and when he found out we were going to check out the APG tank collection, well, it was all smooth sailing from there on in. BTW, I'm glad we had the opportunity to see the collection before they moved it.
          Regards
          Bern

Comment

Thank you for the correct information. I have seen pictures of that JagdTiger here in the U.S., since it was moved from Aberdeen. Too bad it is not on display currently.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Here is a link with a little history of Jagdtiger 331 in your picture...

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/spjabt653.htm

Comment

Here's my interpretation of 331 a few weeks before capture:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Jagdtiger+Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X