Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canvas attachment on a sdkzf 251

hello,
    we are looking for pictures how the canvas is attached to the body of a sdkzf 251
    any help would be appreciated
    phil

Re Canvas

Have a look on the net for the ambulance version, as this is the one most commonly seen with canvas cover so I presume you mean this variant.

2 or 3 bows or hoops across the top to provide the arch, with at least 3 footman loops welded to the outside of the hull along the length of the vehicle, and a central footman loop to the rear above the doors. Not sure of the front but most likely similar.

The canvas in all likely hood will have straps inside to trap and secure it to the support hoops.

Regards

Tim

Comment

hello Tim, thanks for reply those loops we have its just a matter on the outside where those metal has to be welded to hold the straps of the canvas
      cheers
      phil

Comment

Hi Spaltring,

The photo's I saw on the net, a couple were quite good to show the strap loop locations. At least one showed the central loop above the rear doors as you could see the "pull" on the canvas.

NOT clear is how it connects at the front end over the drivers positions.

The actual strap with buckle does not show, so I suspect that the strap and buckle are concealed under the canvas.

You are basically doing what I had to do with My MCC PU8Cwt. when I was sorting the canvas on that. I will keep looking to see if I can find any decent pics, Detail is often difficult to find as unfortunately the soldiers using them were not that interested ( Understandable of course ! )

Regards

Comment

ok problem is solved yet thats again

Comment

Originally posted by spaltring View Post
            ok problem is solved yet thats again
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/sean01274/16789756210

Nice pic here showing " AUF C 251/8" you can zoom in and take the datums you need from the vision port on the side.

Have fun and don't forget a nice picture when you have time

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X