Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best panzer memoire books

Hi all
    What are some titles and authors of good books on personal accounts (not so much on tactics) of German panzer crews? I understand there are a lot of fake accounts out there.

...Ernst

One of those fake are Sven Hassel's novels, I know,...but I grew as a youngster reading them and they pushed me to collecting panzer items

Carles

Comment

Panzer commander -memories of colonel Hand von Luck

Panzer gunner -Bruno Frison

To the gate of hell-Armin Bottger

Through hell for Hitler -Henry Metelmann

Panzer aces -Franz Kurowski

Tigers in the mud-Otto Carious

I'm sure there are more titles but the above ones which I have are all good reads.

Troy

Comment

Book

Hello,

I have read several of the books that Troy mentions, but my favorite is Panzer Ace by Richard Von Rosen. He starts out with Panzer Regiment 35, but eventually serves with the 503rd Heavy Tank Battalion (Tiger Is and IIs). He comes the company commander for the 3rd company. The book is his first hand account, contains many unpublished personal photos, and has pictures of his awards and award documents. An excellent book, IMO. I purchased mine through Amazon.

Paul

Comment

Panzerkampf im Bild - Will Fey (KC holder)

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
            Hello,

I have read several of the books that Troy mentions, but my favorite is Panzer Ace by Richard Von Rosen. He starts out with Panzer Regiment 35, but eventually serves with the 503rd Heavy Tank Battalion (Tiger Is and IIs). He comes the company commander for the 3rd company. The book is his first hand account, contains many unpublished personal photos, and has pictures of his awards and award documents. An excellent book, IMO. I purchased mine through Amazon.

Paul
            I agree. I have most of the others mentioned above. Without any hesitation, it is best one I have ever read, and with 100s of mostly unpublished photos.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X