Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get glass for the Bosch headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get glass for the Bosch headlight?

Like this (picture from internet):

I would like to purchase glass for such headlight.
    Where cant I get it in the cheapest way? (money is critical for me)

The best is to find new-made glass.
    Are there some vendor of such new-made detail?

Is it possible to find such glass on e-bay (only glass, not with headlight)?
    Is it possible to use/adapt for this headlight some glass from easy-to-get afterwar headlight?

Any ideas are welcome.

P.S. What is Bosch partnum of this headlight? I have no any ersatzteilliste with this headlight, so I don't know what is it's model number. But purtnumber can help with spare parts search...

Originally posted by RTY View Post
    Like this (picture from internet):
    Where cant I get it in the cheapest way? (money is critical for me)
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Oldtimer-SCH...EAAOSwdzVXuCrw

Contact him and let him know what you are trying to find. He can help.

Are there some vendor of such new-made detail?
    Everything is reproduced for vintage vehicles. That is where you will get close. Also sometimes not necessarily cheap either.

Is it possible to find such glass on e-bay (only glass, not with headlight)?
    Yes very similar flat glass Hella and Bosch glass on Germany eBay for 'old timers' as vintage vehicles are often called in Germany including older Bosch headlight glass like these. Big collectors market...if you can make it there hit the Flohmarkt (also called Trödelmarkt) for a better deal than on German eBay.

Also lots of vintage Lecalight headlights on US ebay such as the one pictured for under $50 US if you dont care about it not saying Bosch.

Is it possible to use/adapt for this headlight some glass from easy-to-get afterwar headlight?
    Possibly if you know someone who can work down vintage flat glass lenses.

Cant help on the part number but good luck to you.
    Attached Files

Comment

Saumur museum did a replica with clear resin for restoring the Luchs…

Comment

Yeah if I had an original I could make these all day long too. Cast and pour clear. It's a very particular flat lens. Just need one...=)

Maybe Wheatcroft or Kubinka can help. Would like to see the results if you ever complete.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
          Maybe Wheatcroft or Kubinka can help
          No one such headlight in Kubinka. Only late after-war "Made in USSR".

Comment

No one such headlight in Kubinka. Only late after-war "Made in USSR".

I forgot about how bad the postwar lights were on the period armor. You are right.

Comment

Next question.

What is the Bosch partnumber of such lampholder?
              https://www.ebay.de/itm/LAMPENFASSUN...0AAOSwHcparPeU
              Are there afterwar analogue?

Comment

I have Bosch light but I won't take the risk to ship ( break or lost ) and then the Bosch light would loose 40% of its value !

Eric

Comment

Where to get clamps (terminal screw? don't know perfect word in English) as on the photo?
                  https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/liwAA...ZAE/s-l500.jpg
                  What is the DIN number for such detail (or any other standard)?

Where can I purchase such details?

Comment

The partnumber of this headlight ends with "...A 120/2".
                    What are the first letters or digits?
                    They are painted inside the headlight case and at the back of the reflector.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
                      https://www.ebay.de/itm/Oldtimer-SCH...EAAOSwdzVXuCrw

Contact him and let him know what you are trying to find. He can help.
                      Hello.

I've wrote him message in ebay, but he doesn't answer. Maybe he receives plenty of messages.
                      Can you advice more reliable way to contact him?

Comment

I will continue asking... Hoping somebody will ask for some questions.

Please say, is it possible to disassemble (not broke) the headlight' case from the neck?
                        RED lines at the photo:

If yes, it will be something like the next photo:

I want to disassemble this, not broke. There are some old rubber parts, I want to save them unbroken.
                        If somebody disassembled this, I would be like to see some photos of the disassembled neck.

Thank you all in advance.

Comment

Is it possible to get (for money?) exact 3d model of the headlight with internal parts?
                          Of course, the most required is 3d model of the glass.

Comment

There is one of these for sale on facebook at the moment on a group called Sergey Colparts WW2 Collectibles parts.

Try this link and scroll down. Do not know the price, there is more than just the glass.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1382...63300/?fref=nf

Regards

Comment

Still looking for glas or good 3d scan of the glas.

Originally posted by Ketten09 View Post
                              There is one of these for sale on facebook at the moment on a group called Sergey Colparts WW2 Collectibles parts.

Try this link and scroll down. Do not know the price, there is more than just the glass.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1382...63300/?fref=nf
                              They don't grant the access to their group.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X