Dkw nz 350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dkw nz 350

Any opinions ?? What is original parts ? For sure the backseat , backlight and wheels are not original.
    Attached Files

Dkw

The frame and engine has got the matching numbers as in registration from 1946.

Comment

To me it looks like a quite nice pre war civilian NZ painted Panzer grey with some post war parts - as the already mentioned back light and the handles. Can you show closer pictures of the wheels? I don`t see why they should not be original...

Military specific acessoirs are missing, and as I - for example - don`t see any holes in the Gepaeckträger supports they will never have been there.

Expensive parts as the light switch on the tank, the odometer or the Bakelit box for the igintion coils are there, so a good bike to start with ...

Jens

Comment

Dkw

Yes to me it seems like it is a civilian bike from 39 since the registraion is from 39 and there is no parts or traces from war parts on it . what I mean with the wheels is that the rubber is new , but the metal is original. thanks for answering. C

Comment

That's a nice bike, all the expensive bits that are normally gone are present. Spulenkasten, switch, speedo.
          Frame plate and frame number will give you an idea of production year and month. The engine will have the month and year of manufacture on it.
          Once running, if set up correctly these are really reliable and I think very good value.

Comment

The handlebar is not original; it's is hard to find one complet in original.

Holder bag are missing too.

Comment

Dkw

Ok thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X