TWO Jagdpanzer IV L/48 in Munster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWO Jagdpanzer IV L/48 in Munster

I got to cross Panzermuseum Munster off my bucket list a few weeks ago. I have now seen all primary surviving variants of the Tiger tank (Tiger 131, Elefant, Tiger II (P) and (H), Jagdtiger, and Sturmtiger). What iIwas really impressed with at Munster was the Jagdpanzer IV, because they had a production version and a mild-steel 0-serie model, one of only a handful built. Most interesting was that the Germans committed the mild-steel version to combat for trials at some point - there are still remnants of Zimmerit on the hull. Imagine being the crew that had to take that into battle!

Don
    Attached Files

More, and the infamous "Plastiger"...
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. I wonder if the crew were ever told that it was only made from mild steel, portably not. The British did the same in ww1 with mk1 tanks, criminal really. The plasti Tiger looks quite good but what a come down for a major museum, especially in Germany.

Jon

Comment

As a model builder I had to admire the work that was done on the Tiger, but I had the same thought - for a major armor museum, surely they could acquire one. Apparently they have enough vehicles in storage they could probably work out a trade somehow if not purchase one outright.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X