New Tiger in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tiger in the US

OK, so someone just posted this from a rigging yard in New Jersey on a Tiger Tank group on Facebook. It appears to be the Hoebig FrankenTiger. Anybody know why it's in the US ?
    Attached Files

This is the Tiger that was in the Munster Panzer Museum a few years ago and was privately owned . It originally came from France and was made from other Tiger parts . It is a shell and missing most of the interior fittings including the engine . Nice piece and it is a pity that the Panzer Museum did not buy it for their collection. I guess it is gone to a private buyer.

Comment

At the museum they said that the Tiger will be restored in running condition. The tank museum in Munster can´t afford this. So they got a Tiger replica made from plastic and built by the Bundeswehr as a replacement.

No money, no Tiger. That´s easy.

Comment

Wow, wonder what the buyer paid? Nice little coffee table, conversation piece.

Comment

I am quite sure it will find a much better home than a museum in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
            I am quite sure it will find a much better home than a museum in Germany.
            Maybe, my Guess is the Paul Allan collection or the Collings Foundation.

Comment

Latest rumor is it is going to the Museum of American Armor in Bethpage New York.

Comment

https://www.ouest-france.fr/normandi...haudron-145197

Comment

"Latest rumor is it is going to the Museum of American Armor in Bethpage New York."

That's interesting, I live about 10 minutes away and may have to stop by
                  and see what they say.

Comment

I really enjoyed to finally see a Tiger I at the Panzermuseum in Munster a couple of years ago. Sad to read they let it go...

Markus

Comment

Three out of seven? Really? I did not know . . .

Originally posted by krazykat View Post
                      Latest rumor is it is going to the Museum of American Armor in Bethpage New York.
                      If that's the case, I am excited! Guess I'm not that big of a "Tiger Fan" as some of you fella's! Made it to see the one in Munster a few years ago . . . and got to see the two in Vimoutiers and Saumur [along with a MAGNIFICENT bottle of Saumur-Chamoigny!] last Fall. To think that it might be an easier trip, to see this one again - closer to Home . . . is really quite sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by zundappuk View Post
                        Maybe, my Guess is the Paul Allan collection or the Collings Foundation.
                        Collings Foundation Not unless someone gave that one to them for free too

Comment

Here is a link with pics of the new Tiger replica for the Munster Panzer Museum,
                          which will replace the Franken Tiger 321.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5168813&type=3

Comment

Don't understand why build a plastic replica instead of keeping the original ?
                            Need fund for the museum?
                            Anyway, if that replica is made of plastic everything, wondering how much to do it.
                            ( Don't mind to buy an electric running plastic tiger)

Comment

The Hoebig Tiger (the "Frankentiger") was never owned by the Munster Museum but has been on loan. And the owner took it back. Munster never had the money to buy it. So the Bundeswehr measured the Frankentiger and built a plastic copy.

And better a copy than nothing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X