Tigers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigers!

I am informed that these former Tiger tanks, among them King Tiger 124, are now being put together again in Germany: http://www.tiif.de/print.php?threadi...f5d6e3a7a0fc3a

Peter

Hi,

i would be interested to know your source for the "124", because this Tiger is still buried under a French road as of today, and the parts of the turret are not said to have been given by Bruno to anyone else.

Currently two Tiger I project seemed to exist : the one of the Keszycki brothers (Poland) and the one of Kevin Wheatcroft (UK) courtesy as per Shadock website.

There is another project in Germany to get the Tiger I of M. Hoebig in running condition, and the Thun museum is currently working on getting their Tiger II in running condition too.

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince, it was mentioned to me during a conversation.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Peter Wiking; 12-12-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hi,

but there is no Tiger II project reconstruction in Germany, and Bruno never planned to get his parts sold or sent elsewhere as far i know...

Also the "124" exhumation project of Gary Sterne is currently stopped due to Winter.

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince, I must clarify that the “124” is an assumption by me. I should have been clearer about that. The other part of my original post is information from a good source. There is work being done to put together two Tiger B tanks (King Tiger). I have no other information than this.

Peter

Comment

Hi,

this is strange, because it seemed that only Kevin project is really plausible.
            The "124" is another project, but it is currently still under the road near Mantes.

I'm unaware of another Tiger II project ?
            I know that the Aussie Museum is swimming in money, but i'm not sure they have the guys to work on a similar project.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X