Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
    Hi Bob,

I will update the thread in the near future as there's not much to see for all the hours that I have recently put in. I have been machining all the suspension radius arm pivot bearing houses, so hours of standing still watching the chuck go round and round and .............

Jon
    Hi Jon,
    Well ,we'll all look forward to it i'm sure,something is always better than nothing,thanks for the post

Best

Bob

Comment

Hi,

I think this is the remainder of the vehicle (left part on picture).

Regards,
      Wim.

Originally posted by Lloyds View Post
      the second jgd panther is going to take some doing what little there is is in a realy bad way in fact its a shot to bits range wreck Gib removed anything usable for jgd panther No 1.it has no wheels,track,engine gear box ,internal fittings ,roof engine covers and gun not a lot of body and what is left is covered with 100s of shell holes and it is nearly broken in two it would be simpler to ignore the wreck and build a new one from scratch and i remember him saying No 1 cost so much it nearly broke him never again
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wim D View Post
        Hi,

I think this is the remainder of the vehicle (left part on picture).

Regards,
        Wim.
        Amazing what can be achieved with some steel rods,welding equipment,angle grinder,sand blaster,red primer and most importantly the will to succeed....

"A wink from a pretty girl at a party results rarely in climax Karl. But a man is a fool not to push a suggestion as far as it will go".

Comment

Doesn't Bruce Crompton have a complete set of armour for a Jagdpanther. It was delivered in an episode of Combat Dealers earlier this year or late last year. Maybe there will be a deal done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketten09 View Post
            Doesn't Bruce Crompton have a complete set of armour for a Jagdpanther. It was delivered in an episode of Combat Dealers earlier this year or late last year. Maybe there will be a deal done.
            So I've just been informed he has

Comment

Yep, seems so. See pics nearly at the end, page #31:

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Panthers.pdf

Carles
              Last edited by me6_130; 12-09-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Jagdpanther rebuild

Hi,

And also on page 31 at the top is the Jagdpanther being discussed for possible restoration.

Its chassis number is 303110, which makes it one the vehicles taken by British Army REME in 1945 from the MNH factory for evaluation purposes.

cheers LENNARD

Comment

Weald Foundation 2nd Jagdpanther restoration

I've asked for an update on the 2nd restoration Jagdpanther project.

Mike when is the 2nd JP build commencing? and can you show us some new pictures of the acquired parts to be used in its construction please ,it would be nice to see...

The Weald Foundation response to my question..

The drawings are now complete. The work will start when we allocate the time and critically space. Will keep you in touch.

Hopefully it won't be to long now

Comment

and if Bovington do rebuild the panther ( on the cards probably to start in about 2 years time) it would be great maybe to see 2 jagd panthers and a panther in the arena at one of Bovingtons tank days

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyds View Post
                      and if Bovington do rebuild the panther ( on the cards probably to start in about 2 years time) it would be great maybe to see 2 jagd panthers and a panther in the arena at one of Bovingtons tank days
                      Agreed,though Bovington ought to get its finger out and employ some movers & shakers who can get things done faster,get volunteers in like some other museums do who want to work on big cats,all very frustrating!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X