Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oblt.d.R. Walter Scherf

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if Oblt.d.R. Walter Scherf ever served in schwere Panzer-Abteilung 502 before he was in 3./sPzAbt 503? He was in the Wehrmacht before the war so was certainly in several units before he ended up in 3./sPzAbt 503 where he won his Ritterkreuz, but I can't seem to find much information.

Thanks.

Matt

Hello Matt,

Scherf started in Pz.Rgt.1 but I know that he had a 502 dog tag, I guess that is the reason why you posted the question?

Originally posted by Matt L
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if Oblt.d.R. Walter Scherf ever served in schwere Panzer-Abteilung 502 before he was in 3./sPzAbt 503? He was in the Wehrmacht before the war so was certainly in several units before he ended up in 3./sPzAbt 503 where he won his Ritterkreuz, but I can't seem to find much information.

Thanks.

Matt

Comment

Hi Akira,

Yes that's the reason- I have a bunch of theories as to why, but I'm looking for concrete information that can support one of them and, hopefully, explain this seemingly strange fact. Standard procedure says that he'd wear a disc marked with the information of the unit in which he was serving when the war started- Pz. Rgt. 1, but that's not the case and I'd like to understand why...

Matt

Comment

Maybe Mr. Kitamura can help?

Akira, can you ask him please?

Best wishes
        Joerg

Comment

Last edited by stdub; 02-01-2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys- I've got my answer

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X