Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Models by Manufacturer

Hello All,

Another usless enough post from me....this one is simply asking which kit, built out of the box with NO after market accessories would you consider to be the best made by Manufacturer?

Mine are ~

Academy - Tiger 1 with full interior (it's got it all without the after markets...great value for money and a highly detailed kit, I'm not one for total autenticity with kits and I'd reckon for a kit with this detail there are most likely multiple errors with design but I think it is a SUPER kit.

Tamiya - I'd opt for the Tiger 2 with Porsche Turret, simply for it's look, thought this was a beautiful looking machine - modelled well by Tamiya, no 'extras' included as standard but I think it builds into a fine kit on it's own, shame about the vinyl tracks. Individual tracklinks would have been better. (I have to throw in a mention for the Stuka Zu Fuss - A really good kit and can be found quite cheaply but has tons of detail)

Revell - For me it has to be the Jagdtiger by Revell. The first Jagdtiger I built and still my favorite, thought it went together very well and looked good when complete as standard.

Italeri - Panther Ausf A (with zimmerit). Another fine kit, I've gotta say, I quite like Italeri models. After you get past their sometimes overwhelming instruction sheets I think the kits are quite good for their economy price.

Dragon - So far, a T-34/85 late model, went together well and looked really good when complete. I think this may be outstriped by some of the German armour I've got unbuilt by Dragon though

Now - In all of this I have not mentioned what I assume will outstrip all these, the FAMO with trailer. I think this may kick ass as far as standard detail goes but it cannot really be compared to the other kits I guess!!

You may also notice this is not ALL the manufacturers, please feel free to add others as desired, AFV club etc. I have just not as yet built kits by any other manufacturer worth mention!

What are your favs?

I prefer Dragon kits myself- good detail, and they're nowhere near as expensive as Tamiya.

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X