MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German superiority, tactic advantage etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German superiority, tactic advantage etc.

Hello,

There is already a thread to this topic, but I have found information that could drop new light on the issue, so I decided to open a new one.

I have just seen two ducumentations about WW2 on DVD and one was about the tank battle.

I just want to give the conclusion to you why I think that most of the killing rates are correct, thogh they´re relatively high:

Germany attacked countries that were not really prepared. Most of all Poland, and also France etc. had much worse equipment. Germany was the most modern fighting power in the beginning of the war. They had only a small number of machines (tanks etc.) but they were very effective.
    The film showed also that e.g. France could not defeat Germany although they had more men: Their stratetics were very old-fashined and partially taken from the first world war. But in this time machines were not playing that big role like in WW2, the defence could not be adequat.

Besides the Germans were in a much better psychological condition - those who did not believe in the idiologiy were motivated by the many victories the German army had achieved.

I want to quote a sentence from the film that points out what I mean:

“The truth ist that the German superiority did not come from their technical advance but from their motivation, creativity and adaptability. Further on, their methods in teaching and their qualification were the most important advatages compared to others.”

The conlusion is that the other countries were shocked by the German succes an they had to think over their old fashioned stategy methods.

I think this explains a lot: Management was the factor! Imagine someone who has to create a strategy from zero on has to compete with another one that has already a completed strategy.

Regards.

Panzer superiority...

Originally posted by timekiller
    Hello,

There is already a thread to this topic, but I have found information that could drop new light on the issue, so I decided to open a new one.

I have just seen two ducumentations about WW2 on DVD and one was about the tank battle.

I just want to give the conclusion to you why I think that most of the killing rates are correct, thogh they´re relatively high:

Germany attacked countries that were not really prepared. Most of all Poland, and also France etc. had much worse equipment. Germany was the most modern fighting power in the beginning of the war. They had only a small number of machines (tanks etc.) but they were very effective.
    The film showed also that e.g. France could not defeat Germany although they had more men: Their stratetics were very old-fashined and partially taken from the first world war. But in this time machines were not playing that big role like in WW2, the defence could not be adequat.

Besides the Germans were in a much better psychological condition - those who did not believe in the idiologiy were motivated by the many victories the German army had achieved.

I want to quote a sentence from the film that points out what I mean:

“The truth ist that the German superiority did not come from their technical advance but from their motivation, creativity and adaptability. Further on, their methods in teaching and their qualification were the most important advatages compared to others.”

The conlusion is that the other countries were shocked by the German succes an they had to think over their old fashioned stategy methods.

I think this explains a lot: Management was the factor! Imagine someone who has to create a strategy from zero on has to compete with another one that has already a completed strategy.

Regards.
    Interesting.My younger brother was a (U.S.Army)tanker in Germany during the late 60's.
    He indicated that the German Bundes Panzer types ROUTINELY outshot the U.S. tankers during range exercises.He seems to think it was due to the very German "thoroughness" of training so apparent in W.W.II and continuing on today.
    Although I have heard W.W.II German vets speak disdainfully of the Bundes Armee(as compaired to the W.W.II Heer)it would seem that the German trait of doing the very best in all things extends to even an army composed mostly of conscripts.
    Even conscripts can be made into excellent soldiers(& tankers)IF well led and with hard,serious,solid training.

Comment

Originally posted by J.von Canon
      Interesting.My younger brother was a (U.S.Army)tanker in Germany during the late 60's.
      He indicated that the German Bundes Panzer types ROUTINELY outshot the U.S. tankers during range exercises.He seems to think it was due to the very German "thoroughness" of training so apparent in W.W.II and continuing on today.
      Although I have heard W.W.II German vets speak disdainfully of the Bundes Armee(as compaired to the W.W.II Heer)it would seem that the German trait of doing the very best in all things extends to even an army composed mostly of conscripts.
      Even conscripts can be made into excellent soldiers(& tankers)IF well led and with hard,serious,solid training.
      John,

I can echo that from the 80s. In the international tank gunnery "Canadian Cup" competitions in Europe, the Bundeswehr tankers usually did very well, if not winning most of the time. Don't know what really caused that; I know the US always sent really really good crews. But when the M1 was fielded to US units, no more contest. The M1 crews won almost every time.

Regards,
      Greg
      sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
      www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

You're exteremely right. But French Staff had never admitted that armor is the locomotif of an infantry group . I mean they thought that armor can only go through the artillery's range. but they understand their mistake in sedan, mius,dinant,ardennes,dunkirk,maas and the others

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X