Wehrmacht Panzer Paper Recognition Model - Identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Panzer Paper Recognition Model - Identified

I recently found a Wehrmacht produced Panzer recognition model for sale, and purchased it. I could not find the previous thread, so I decided to start another one. During WWII, the Wehrmacht produced several flat sheet paper or card stock "models" that were intended to be assembled in the field for recognition purposes of Panzer and anti-tank gun crews. I have seen a Panzer III and T-34 uncut sheet for sale previously. I just purchased a Panzerspahwagen. These models are quite scarce. This is the sheet for the Panzerspahwagen:

And this is a period photo of a Panzer crew on the eastern front with a Russian KV-1 paper model tank from the model series.

They look pretty complex to put together. Nice details though. Jim

Comment

Very nice find...and yes, looks rather complex to put together indeed.

Comment

Great find. Did you get page 2 as well? Can you post a picture of it as well? Thanks!

Comment

Great find. Make sure kids don't see it or they might feel like mounting it. You can produce some good repros for collectors.

Carles

Comment

Folks,

When I was around 7 years old (in the 60s), there were some planes or tanks to assemble from the same kind of paper sheets. I had a few of those, along with the Airfix 1/72 models in plastic bags (about 50 eurocents at the time)

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dufleuve View Post
              Folks,

When I was around 7 years old (in the 60s), there were some planes or tanks to assemble from the same kind of paper sheets. I had a few of those, along with the Airfix 1/72 models in plastic bags (about 50 eurocents at the time)

Cheers
              Hey, I was 6 in the very last year of the 60's so I imagine you are a bit older than me I didn't have the paper ones but the plastic Airfix in the early 70's

Carles
              Last edited by me6_130; 07-18-2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

As per my guess the KV is from a different producer/ series.
                Here an example of Kv 2, Churchill.
                Attached Files

Comment

Kv-2
                  Attached Files

Comment

The Achtrad comes from series of 6 models including Panzer 2,Panzer 3, Stug 3, Tiger; SPW, Fh18. Might exist more, these I have seen so far.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hinkle; 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Very nice items, congrats !

What is the the format of the pages ?

Comment

Just the sort of thing you want to assemble in the cramped interior of a tank with an unidentified tank approaching. "No! Tab A goes into Slot A1. Hurry! You're getting glue all over the other bits!"

Comment

Originally posted by Klauklau View Post
                          Very nice items, congrats !

What is the the format of the pages ?
                          I believe both/all are 1:20. The size of the DRGM (Tiger, Achtrad, Stug...) is 70x 50 cm. They are also more detailed - wheels separately, etc.
                          The other ones (Matilda, Churchill, KW..) is 40x30 cm. They are also more simplified to build.

Comment

Thanks for the answer !

Comment

Saw a 2nd picture from that same session that gives a good impression of the size of the paper ;
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X