Panzer retirement stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer retirement stick

I have this but would like to find out more about it as I dont collect Panzer .It is from what I can gather a retirement out of 3 Panzer Regt .1 comp dated 30.9.36 .It is hand painted with a skull badge fixed to the stick .Any suggestions,Help here would be appreciated
    Attached Files

What does the text read?

Comment

I will write as best as i can read it
      wer treu gedientnat seine zeit dem sei ein uolles glas geweint sum andenken an die 1. komp pr z 3 30.9.36

Comment

"Wer treu gedient hat seine Zeit, dem sei ein volles Glas geweiht.
        Zum Andenken an die 1. Komp Pz. R. 3..."

"Who served loyally his time, is granted a full glass.
        In memory of the 1st Coy, Panzer Regiment 3..."

These Gothic lettering is sometimes confusing.

The 3rd Pz. Regt. was established on 15th october 1935 from the Reiter Regiment (mot.) 12, which was in fact allready a pseudonym for an armoured unit. In 1935 Hitler decided to drop these camouflage names when the Wehrmacht was founded. This early date is correct. Hometown of the 3rd Panzer was Kamenz (near Bautzen in Saxony). The regiment was part of the 2nd Panzer Division, which fought on all fronts between 1939 and 1945.
        At the time this stick was made, Oberst Joseph Harpe was the CO. He became later CO of the 12th PD, the 41th Panzer Korps and the 5th Panzer Army. RK with OL and Swords.

This looks like a handmade reservist's stick. Commercially made sticks are far more common, but this type is hard to authenticate. Looks legit, though.
        It could be a souvenir from somebody's military service, or for the retirement of an NCO.

Lucius

Source: Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Comment

Thank you very much for your info ,What would you put a value on this stick if you are able to?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X