Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKW NZ350, opinions wanted

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying this bike. Is this bike appropiate for a Wehrmacht display, and are the (larger) parts original WW2? It looks quite good to me, but I do not really know much about these bikes. Can anyone say in which period this bike was build?

Was this type used primarily for dispatch rider's, or also in the field? Also possible to make it a Luftwaffe bike? When I buy it, I possibly will make it a Luft Field Division bike (from 16. Luftwaffen-Feld-Division for example).

Really much thanks in advance,
    Greetings Edgar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it looks good and its a early example if you need any parts they are easy to get it will make a good WH_WL bike

Comment

Yes, its an early version ... to be really sure better pictures would be useful. If you inspect the bike you should find the Autounion rings on mostly all parts ... look carefully to the side stand for example...

The only hard to find things missing are the front light (1000% not DKW) and the light swith mounted in the fueltank ...

If you need more info look for the NZ site ... (if I remember correct www.NZ-350.net ...)

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. The bike is running.

What would be a reasonable price for this specimen?
        And, do I need to repaint it, or was it also used in by the Wehrmacht in this color configuration? I would like to paint it in tan ordnance paint with a WL sign.

Also, is it realistic to keep the backseat on it? It looks kind of non-military, but I saw some ww2 period pictures with a backseat on the NZ350.
        Last edited by Luftwaffe44; 08-27-2011, 02:40 PM. Reason: eee

Comment

Backseats were standard on the WH bikes ... if its the right one you`ll find out on the NZ site... the colour sheme and the stripes are definetly not authentic. How you should paint it you now when you can reconstruct the bikes history. If it was a civil build one you can restore it to original condition - most were black - and brush it over in LW grey... that would be most authentic Only a minior number of pre `40 bikes was build for the goverment. If its a post `40 bike you an directely restore it as WH bike ...

Most missing parts can be found - maybe on the Veterama oldtimer fair in Mannheim in 6 weeks. Not too far from Belgium (Its the biggest fair in europe)

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Just in case you haven't found the correct web address yet.

www.dkw-nz.net/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X