Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Research Help (Panzer regt 15)

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following research.

a. History of the panzer regt 15
    b. oberleutnant Lemor panzer regt
    c. Gefreiter Karl Korinek Im assuming he was with the panzers
    d. Last name only ( wenzel) again assuming he was with the panzers

I have letters from the soldiers but i cant find out what happened to them
    there are no feld post markings hard to read

my research has come to nothing but dead ends
    Thank you so much for your time and help
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Don't know if this helps at all, and maybe you found this information already yourself, but....

Panzer-Regiment 15 - Formed 12 Oct 1937 as independent Heerestruppe, assigned to 5. Panzer-Division 24 Nov 1938, reassigned to 11. Panzer-Division 4 Sep 1940

Comment

Thank you

Hi
      anything is helpful
      thank you again
      its a start
      Tony

Comment

You're welcome.
        I am on to something about OL Lemor....

Comment

On 03.01.1939 Lemor was Chef Oberleutnant of the 1. Kompanie of Abteilung I of the Panzer Regt. 15

Oberleutnant 01.10.35 LEMOR Eberhard (Pz.Reg.15) became a Major in 01.01.43.

He became in december '44 till 10 jan '45 commander of the Sturmpanzer-Abteilung 217, but on 10 jan he was transferred to the Führerreserve OKW.

Comment

Some combat news about Lemor..

Gefreiter Hildebrandt (Pz.Rgt.15) in his Pz-II lead a tank attack which knocked out 6 Polish guns (heavy battery + light platoon) in Ćwiklice on 02.09.1939. Guns were encircled by group of tanks and attacked from 3 sides. Crews of guns were either killed or captured and guns were either hit by missiles or later squashed. Commander of heavy battery was wounded. Some Poles managed to withdraw. The other ones hid in the cellar of a nearby house and later surrendered. Wounded commander of heavy battery was hidden in the house by housewife but when the Germans started to search the house she gave him over to them.

When combat came to an end Hildebrandt's tank (tactical number: 24) was seen by Polish eyewitness (15-years old boy Rafał Malar - inhabitant of a nearby house) while squashing already abandoned Polish guns.

On the same day Hauptmann Lemor (Kdr. 1./Pz.Rgt.15) in his Pz-II in a fierce tank vs gun fire duel eliminated one Polish 75mm gun by killing its crew - commander of the gun lost his head (it was wrenched off by 20mm missiles from Pz-II's automatic gun), side of the aimer was wrenched off.

(thnx to http://forum.axishistory.com/)

Comment

Thank you

Hi
              you guys are the best I have no idea how you do it
              but thank you very very much
              I wish i could return the favor
              Tony

Comment

Mein Großonkel ist am 4.7.42 im grossen Donbogen gefallen. Er war bei der 1. Kompanie des 15. Panzer Regiment.
                Hat jemand Informationen aus der Zeit? Panzer Typen oder irgend etwas?
                Sein Name war Karl Oertwig.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X