hatch Id ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hatch Id ...

Hi to all , I'm curious about yeserday find , this hatch were excavated where PZ IV and STUG III were blown up , beisdes the other parts from these vehicles was found this hatch it's about 2 cm thick , I have an idea that it's the rear motor deck hatch of early STUG , but previously has never found early Stug parts , in this region were actions at the end of 44 ... Anyway would like to hear any toughts about this item ...

Hi Evgenij,

It's the left-hand bow inspection hatch of a Miag StuG III Ausf G.

p. 263 of your Sturmgeschutz III vol 2 book!

Steve

PS - those links look like they just came out of the foundry! Also like the tool to pull the tracks together!

Comment

Nice Finds

Once again nice finds.

Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
        Also like the tool to pull the tracks together!
        This Y-shaped foldable track linking tool looks much more compact (and complicated) then 1941 V-shaped unfoldable tool from Pz III found near Moscow. It’s strange Germans adopted this complicated design while losing the war.

Comment

Roman,

You are right. I had realized that one and I was surprised to see such a complicated making.

Carles

Comment

hatch

Hi Evgenij,

this type off hatch is from standard PZ III Ausf J , L and M hulls, and their derivates like the StuG III F8 and early G's
            I guess no PZ III were around their but maybe some bergepanzer III was ?

ciao
            Bullitt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X