SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Wheatcroft Collection going public on Feb. 27th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restoration

the m18 that was restored on history channel was done by a restoration firm in salt lake city
    dennis

Comment

Rikard,

please note that the Panzermuseum is at Munster, not M******252;nster- the latter is a charming university town about a two-hours drive from the Panzermuseum. Coming from Sweden you'd hit Munster and the Panzermuseum first when driving South, it's only about 75 km or so from Hamburg, situated in Luneburg Heath.

And yes, the Tiger I was supposed to be airlifted to the US, but the crashed C-5 and the subsequent grounding of the fleet has thrown the schedule out of the window, according to inside sources the Tiger will be shipped in May or June. Note that the crashed C-5 was not the particular airplane that would have carried the Tiger, it was just the cause of the aftereffects mentioned.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Comment

Originally posted by jmehner View Post
        Rikard,

please note that the Panzermuseum is at Munster, not Münster- the latter is a charming university town about a two-hours drive from the Panzermuseum.

I know I just keep spelling it with umlauts, old habits die hard

Comment

Originally posted by r_hufschmied
          Last I heard the APG Tiger I is being shipped back to Aberdeen ASAP. Apparently the Tiger isn't the only APG vehicle in Wheatcroft custody, I've heard of two more that were previously at M******252;nster that are now supposed to be in storage in England.
          Rik, here are the two vehicles which were exposed either at Munster or at Sinsheim and are currently in Mr Wheatcroft's collection (I have some pics of both vehicles when on display in Germany) :

You can see the Wespe (previously exposed at Sinsheim) and the Panzer II (seems to be in running condition, it was on loan at Munster) which belong to Aberdeen.

Pierre-Olivier

Comment

This is Marder II, not Wespe.

Comment

Yes, of course it's a Marder II, thanks for correcting me..

Pierre-Olivier

Comment

Kevin Wheatcroft Collection militaria

Any links available where his collection can be viewed and admired please?

Comment

I searched google... https://www.google.com/search?q=kevi...ih=851#imgrc=_
                  Take your pick.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X