Major Kakuschke - Pz Ja Abt.560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Kakuschke - Pz Ja Abt.560

It looks like I will be able to acquire a grouping of material that belonged to Major Kakuschke of Panzer Jeager Abteilung 560. The grouping includes his wrap, photo album, some of his medals, belt, holster, headsets, throat mic, binoculars, etc.
    Can anyone tell me where/how I could research his military record?

Thanks, Doug

Hello Doug,

The best information are you looking for, get you from the solder-file.

The follow link goes to the German historical archive. In the archive is all information from German solders.

All this information also in the USA national archive in Washington on micro-films

I hop I can't help you.
    http://www.bundesarchiv.de/index.html?lang=en

Best regards
    Christian Federl

Comment

Thanks Christian.

Is it best to e-mail them, or does one have to go there in person?
      Have you gotten good research results from them?

Doug

Comment

Hello Doug,

Send an Email. I think it's enough. But note: You get only information from solders they are after 30 Years dead! This solder must be dead in the WWII or to 1975. Or you have a signet contract from his family to get this information.

In the past I have bad experience. But I write books at the WWII and now its looks a little bit better.
        The resalts are great ! It the original solder-file in the archive you get this !
        By the way- more than 60% german officiers-files into this archives. You have a good chance.

Regards,
        Christian

Comment

Thanks.
          I think this one has a chance. Kakuschke probably passed away a long time ago. Given that he earned the IC 1st class in WW1, he was probably already pretty old by the time WW2 came around.

Doug

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X