Hauptman Helmut Rascha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauptman Helmut Rascha

Does anyone have any info at all on Hauptman Helmut Rascha ( I hope I have the last name spelled correctly). He was an Independent Sturmgeschuetz Brigade commander in Kurland according to the vet I know that served under him there. He cannot remember the unit designation of the stug brigade as things were so hectic at the end of the war and the surrender. He remembers Rascha had survived the surrrender and march into the gulags as they were in the same gulag together. Any info or leads at all would be helpful. Chris

Chris,

I cannot find the name "Helmut Rascha" in the lists of known StuG Abteilungen and Brigaden commanders and officers.

The closest names, and rank, I can find are:

Hauptmann Herbert Jaschke -- commander Heeres-Sturmartillerie-Brigade 249 from 10 January 1945 to the end of the unit, but I believe Jaschke successfully fled to the West.

Hauptmann Fritz Jaschke -- commander Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 244 from 8 August 1944 to the end, but this unit was transferred to France in October 1944. He was formerly an officer in Sturmgeschütz Abteilung 210.

Leutnant Walter Rasch -- officer in Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 232; fought in East Prussia at the end of the war.

You could ask Florian (http://die-sturmartillerie.com/) if he can help you!

-Jordan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X