Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with drive sprocket dimensions

Hi guys

I’m wondered if anybody can give me the diameter from the drive sprocket of the Pz II, Pz V, Pz VI Tiger I and Pz VI Königstiger. I need the exterior diameter and if it’s possible the lenght from teeth to teeth and number of teeth in every case. It’s to make a display of my track links, and with de covid it’s hard to go to Saumur, too much kilòmetres. Thank’s very much for your help. Any blueprint can help (specially) .

Kind regard's !!

This dimensions

drive.jpg

Comment

Here you find the dimensions for the KT sprocket:
      www.panzerbasics.com/panzer/02_archive/drawings/Tiger_B_1.htm
      To make fitting sprocket wheels for your track links, you would have to know the number of teeth on the wheel and the pitch, which is the distiance from one track pin to the next. For the number of teeth, any picture will do and you can measure the pitch on your track links. With the exception of the KT, the pitch is usually the distance between track pins.
      With the correct pitch and the number of teeth known, you can calculate the diameter on the sprocket where the track pins centre would be.
      /Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerbasics View Post
        Here you find the dimensions for the KT sprocket:
        www.panzerbasics.com/panzer/02_archive/drawings/Tiger_B_1.htm
        To make fitting sprocket wheels for your track links, you would have to know the number of teeth on the wheel and the pitch, which is the distiance from one track pin to the next. For the number of teeth, any picture will do and you can measure the pitch on your track links. With the exception of the KT, the pitch is usually the distance between track pins.
        With the correct pitch and the number of teeth known, you can calculate the diameter on the sprocket where the track pins centre would be.
        /Rob
        Thank you very much for the link Rob, for the königstiger it has been great, I have already thought of a solution as you indicate, but first I asked if anyone had any more advanced information, I repeat, thank you very much for your comments

Comment

Let's do a calculation on Tiger E.
          In the book DW to Tiger I, we can find a drawing showing the tolerances for the track pitch being between 132.25 and 131.25 mm when pulled at 1000 kg.
          For the calculation, I use the minimum value of 131.25mm.
          The sprocket has 20 teeth, which means that the angle A between teeth = 360/20 = 18 degrees.
          The two remaining angles in our triangle for calculation are equal, which means they are each (180-18)/2 = 81 degrees
          Using the sinus rule, we calculate the radius for the track pin hole centres on the sprocket:
          b = radius
          b = a x sin A /sin B = 131.25 x sin 81 / sin 18 = 419.5 mm

I have measured the radius on the track links from the pin hole centre to the contact with sprocket to be 35 mm

This means that sprocket inner diameter would be (419.5 - 35) x 2 = 769 mm
          It has been measured as 770 mm.

This calculation can be very usefull for modellers who want to make a running Tiger, but do not have the track pitch to the exact specification. Best solution then is to adjust the sprocket diameter a little for a perfect fit.
          Hope it helps,
          Rob

Comment

It helps a lot, but you supose that i have the book DW to Tiger i (false) and supose that i know/like trigonometry (very false), but you make it easy, and helps ... and i try to do it with the other tanks . Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X