Question about Panzer Mark III Ausf. H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Panzer Mark III Ausf. H

Did any Mark III Ausf. H's see action in Stalingrad? I don't see why not but I'm just double checking. Also, a few days ago I found a pretty good Battle for Stalingrad website. I think it was www.stalingrad.net but when I try it now it doesn't work, is there a website with a similiar url, or do any of you guys or girls know of another good website on Stalingrad. Thanks for the help

-Theo

Originally posted by talger14
    Did any Mark III Ausf. H's see action in Stalingrad? I don't see why not but I'm just double checking. Also, a few days ago I found a pretty good Battle for Stalingrad website. I think it was www.stalingrad.net but when I try it now it doesn't work, is there a website with a similiar url, or do any of you guys or girls know of another good website on Stalingrad. Thanks for the help

-Theo
    Hi Theo,
    first off welcome aboard mate !I've been thumbing through my references and I've found at least three pictures of "H"s in action in Stalingrad, all of them belonging to the 24th PzDiv.
    I cannot post their pictures at the moment but I'll do that as soon as possible!Anyway...if you're a modeler as well and you want to make a Stalingrad diorama featuring a "H" break out that Dragon kit, for you can't go wrong!
    Take care
    Manny

Comment

Thank you for the information you have helped me out a lot!! And its funny you mentioned the dragon kit, because my buddy ended up giving it to me and as soon as it touched my hands i was thinking about doing a Stalingrad scene! Well once again thanks for the info and i'll be waiting for those pics

Comment

I'm also thinking about adding in a halftrack...prefferably a 250, would it be historically accurate if I added a 250 and if not, would I be able to include a 251?....Also I can't find any information on the 24th pnzr div. only that it was formed in November of '41...
        Last edited by talger14; 08-12-2005, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I'm sure I've seen colour pics of Ausf H's at Stalingrad, I'll check when I get home. I don't have a scanner, but I'll see what I can do.

Steve

Comment

Ok, I found out all I need to know, except for one thing, I need to know what the number of an Ausf. H was, because I found two Mark III's in action during Stalingrad, one being numbered 523 but that was a J and 525, but that was a M/N... someone plz help it will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X